• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone tried an Avocado mattress?

Booble

I'm confused. If the mattress is made from natural latex and organic cotton fibers where does the avocado come in? Or is that the name of the company that you bought it from? Duh, I'm stupid. LOL.
There are a ton of companies that sell latex mattresses. Never heard of Avocado. We bought our SavvyRest about 8 years ago. :)

Woof!

Soooo.... It's Day 5 with the new mattress and, while it's not everything I hoped for, I'm happy and optimistic for the future. (*I'm used to an adjustable air-filled mattress, so having a non-adjustable mattress takes a little getting used to.)

The first noticeable thing was NO OFF-GASSING ODOR!!! I could bury my face into this mattress right out of the box. Kudos to Avocado for that.

The second noticeable thing is this mattress isn't structured for prolonged sitting in bed (something I had hoped for). On a positive note, the mattress is 7/10 firm, just like Avocado said it would be, and a folded cotton blanket under my butt is all that is needed to be able to sit in bed 3-5 hours without my neck going out of whack.

At 11" in height, it is higher than my old mattress. That's without a pillowtop, since I didn't want a softer mattress.

And it is certainly comfortable. I've been less achy when I woke up the past few days. I'll report back in a month...

Booble

It takes a little bit of time to get used to latex mattresses. Once you are used to it a regular memory foam message will feel unusual. Enjoy! :)

Rufous McKinney

At 11" in height, it is higher than my old mattress.

My Sleep On Latex is only about 8-9 inches deep....No pillow top just plain.

Glad it sounds like Avocado is working out!

I'm recall my 1969 water bed. Carted that thing around for ten years at least. Then my roommate's exploded during an abandoned filing operation, flooding a millionaire mansion we'd just rented.

We all went on a ten hour hike. Came back to "the flood" and "the explosion" ...

The only permanent damage was to the cedar- lined closet floors....