• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone recovered in the Bay area ?

Davsey27

Neuropsychological testing is the only reason I was able to get SSD disability. They substanted cognitive deficit and diagnosed me with a qualifying condition. The judge said every other medical provider (even their own examiners) wasn't credible and he didn't care about my ME.

Appreciate it Gbells

How can one get Nueropsychological testing to assist you with disability?
I haven't seen any neuropsychologist that specialize in disability in the bay area

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
Appreciate it Gbells

How can one get Nueropsychological testing to assist you with disability?
I haven't seen any neuropsychologist that specialize in disability in the bay area

You must have a ME friendly MD (supports disability for ME) and see him for treatment for 6 months (then continuing medical care or they will say you aren't being responsible) regardless of the neuropsychologist. If you lack that you will not get disability.

If I were poor and looking for a neuropsychologist I would contact local university medical centers, verify that had the providers, verify they had a good charity program and then get a referral for neuropsychology testing and get on their waiting list for an appointment.

Davsey27

Appreciate it Gbells

I have an anxiety diagnosis with a psychiatrist saw from February of 2019to September 2019 for anxiety.Good relationship.He is back in Atlanta

Took medications for challenges that helps with CFS while seeing him

I don't mind for the purpose ssd applying under mental health if that gets the job done.

Perhaps if this means going back to Georgia.Not sure if it's best to start over in this state or move back

The lawyer here in California told me to contact him when I see doctors again until then it doesn't look good

I am applying for california state insurance and food stamps

Is it necessary to see a ME doc vs just seeing a

Psychiatrist plus Nueropsychologist?

Appreciate it Gbells

Last edited:

Davsey27

I found out that Stephen Olson who was a doctor an Me/cfs doctor at kaiser in Santa Rosa retired.After trying to book an appointment with him

wigglethemouse

I found out that Stephen Olson who was a doctor an Me/cfs doctor at kaiser in Santa Rosa retired.After trying to book an appointment with him
That was sad. There was a lot of hope that he might change things at Kaiser. David Tuller interviewed hin last year I think.

Last edited:

Davsey27

Yes and I was told an estimated visit would only be 150 through Kaiser out of pocket and you can apply for financial assistance.I wonder if there are other physicians who work for Kaiser that he trained in the me/cfs area

Davsey27

Not a single person was aware that Stephen Olson worked for Kaiser despite articles that he mentioned he attempted to create me/cfs awareness within Kaiser as a Family physician.He seemed to have good reviews
yet the kaiser reps I called for the facility he worked at aren't aware of him

I spoke to multiple representatives.He only retired 2 months ago and asked to see if he trained other docs and they don't know.

Then I was told there only seeing kaiser members due to the pandemic