• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone injected a supplement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Yes, under a doctor's supervision is the proper way.
Under Reddit's supervision is not.
Oh nice! this encourages me more. You actually felt an effect too like more energy from the b12 shots, i assume yes otherwise you wouldnt do it many times. ? weird that vitamin c made you feel bad,maybe detox.- I will be doing IV injections though because ive had doctors do it to me before.

Or was it that you injected wrong way that hurt when doing vitamin c or too much ML? My supplement i want to try has 10ml per serving, so I have to inject 10ml.

The vitamin C actually hurt injecting it. It was a thicker substance.
Injectable B12 effects were mild, oral and subligual b12 i never noticed anything from it but they are worth trying as others have benefited from them. Injectable b12 was hydroxocobalamine which is a long acting form and no cyanide preservative in it.

It helped some with brain fog/inflammation i guess. I found have a shot when i felt i needed a boost was just as effective as Dr Cheney who recommended 3000mcg b12, 3 times per week. If i had a 'crash' Id take 2000-6000mcg which may have helped shorten the crash and b12 is a good antioxidant scavenger in the brain so may help protect it more during a flare up. I had a 2000mcg per ml b12 solution.

A cfs friend on mine on PR was interested in b12 shots. I gave him a 1000mcg shot of b12. When i was first at his place i could tell he was sluggish. I did the shot for him. Then we had our usual chat going down the different rabbit holes of cfsme. We probably sat back and chatted for hour and a half. Within 30mins i could see the colour in his face change and he started to speak quicker and his mind sharpened up. I said nothing and just let him go. Then when i was about to leave i asked him how he felt. He said my brain actually feels good, more clear. Then i said i saw when it happened. Im not saying this will happen with everyone and on occassions ive had a clarity from b12 like that and other times nothing noticeable. I dont think its placebo as i was talking to my friend and distracting him from thinking about the b12 he just had.

The only way to know is to try it. I just know a fair number of people get a boost from b12 even if testing shows their levels are normal but then some dont.

Once you learn and give yourself a few injections you will realize its no big deal. Most people and easiest way is in the vastus lateralis, the muscle in the upper outer third of the thigh, which is where alot of medical people give injections as its a safe area with major nerves etc that could be damaged. Use aseptic technique and its all good. Look into it further and chat to your dr about it.

Cheers

Last edited:

nyanko_the_sane

Because everyday is Caturday...

Mary

Moderator Resource
MODERATOR'S NOTE: This thread has been closed. Phoenix Rising recommends that members consult with their physicians before initiating medical treatment. Although individuals are allowed to self-administer nutritional IVs, the venipuncture necessary for IV administration must be performed by a medical professional and the substance being administered must be prescribed by a physician according to United States Federal law. Such IVs should only be administered under a doctor's supervision and oversight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.