• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone here tried STABILIUM for sleep?

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I just found out about this product (originally from France, made by Allergy Research Group) that is supposed to be good for stress and sleep. I have a whole drawer full of supplements that either don't work or kinda sometimes work to help me sleep, but have never heard of this. It sure sounds intriguing.

Has anyone here tried it? If so, can you give me some feedback? (info below w link)
Thanks in advance.

"An extract called Garum Armoricum used by the ancient Celts (third century BC) of Armorica, Ireland, as a food supplement to improve resilience to physical and emotional stress.* It was also used for the same purpose by the Roman Empire, for women, children, and the elderly, and to prepare the Legionnaires for long marches into battle.

Garum Armoricum is created from the fish Molva dypterygia, found in deep waters off the Armorican peninsula of Brittany. This blue fish has long been a prized catch; even its physical appearance is extraordinary, with enormous eyes and distinctive blue color. It lives at depths of 1500 to 3000 feet. Because of the oxygen deficiency and the great hyperbaric pressure at those depths, the fish developed a special metabolism and physiology, endowed with body chemistry to handle the stress of those conditions. It is thought that ingesting the extract in Stabilium 200 complex supports the body during modern stressful conditions, both mental and physical, just as it did in ancient times. Research confirms that Stabilium 200 may be useful for coping with stresses from work or personal life, and can support healthy sleep patterns, energy, memory and mood."

http://www.allergyresearchgroup.com/Stabilium-200-30-Caps-p-227.html

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Anthing that helps sleep looks interesting. Im interested also on anyones experience with this product. It doesnt seem to be a take one and go to bed type sleep supplement, from what i understand its something you take regularly and it slowly improves sleep and anxiety.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hey Birdie,

I love the stuff, but don't really think it helps much with actually going to sleep. Just chills me out in a lovely way.

Sushi

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Adrena Calm

Thanks Sushi--

I've also checked out the cream made by APEX--Adrena Calm, but the only problem is that it contains valerian, which I never do well with. :(

Otherwise it sounds interesting, tho VERY expensive--$40 for 2 oz! :eek:

I've been having a rough time getting my endocrne system back to "normal" since I used that freakin' iodine (arrrggggh!), back in December. My adrenals are still burnt out, which in my case results in anxiety, restlessness, and a 2-3 am insomnia pattern.

If anyone has any other ideas about what helps this, please let me know.

INFO ON ADRENA CALM

Active Ingredients:
Phosphatidylserine, Vitamin B1 (thiamine), Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Valerian Root, Lemon Balm, Milk Thistle, Polygala Tenuifolia, Hazel bud extract, Lime Tree bud extract, Juniper bud extract, St. Marys Thistle, CoQ10, St. Johns Wort, Bitter Cucumber,magnesium phosphate, Marking Nut, German Chamomile, Elm, Gorse,Olive, Red chestnut, Vervain, Impatiens, Pituitary, Adrenal, Thyroid

"AdrenaCalm is formulated to help protect the brain against chronic stress. It is also one of the best products for people who have trouble falling asleep and especially for those who have trouble staying asleep. When you wake, just rub a teaspoon or so on the skin and within minutes it begins to work its magic. It works by providing phosphatidylserine cream, a major component of the cell membranes of brain cells. Phosphatidylserine has also been shown to help reverse the degenerative effects of stress on the hippocampus part of the brain which in turn helps regulate the body's response to general stress. A cream delivery of phosphatidyl serine is far more cost effective than taking as an oral supplement. AdrenaCalm is particularly effective in helping calm down a revved-up person who is in the process of burning out their adrenals. Recommended dosage is 1/4 teaspoon 2-3 times per day or as directed by your health care professional."

invisiblejungle

I recently tried Stabilium but it actually had the opposite effect for me. It increased anxiety, heart palpitations, and was somewhat stimulating. I think it may have a cortisol-lowering effect, which would be detrimental for those of us with low cortisol. Many of the supplements that claim to "lower stress" tend to lower cortisol, since for most healthy people, high cortisol is a much more common issue than low cortisol.