• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone had a Covid vaccine yet?

Sledgehammer

I've been offered one (the AstraZeneca vaccine) through work, it's a tricky decision and I've read around it a bit, especially the info and advice from Drs on Health Rising that was posted recently. Just wondered if anyone on here has had it?

No, although we've had a letter telling us they'll be in contact at some point.

Am I taking it, no. But that's my decision. And I don't know anyone who's had it yet either.

I can see it's been a controversial topic on HR alone and don't want to really get involved in that debate.
People will have to make up their own mind whether to take it or not.

I wish you luck in whatever decision you make.

Last edited:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Just wondered if anyone on here has had it?
I have had dose one of the Pfizer--no problems other than the expected temporary side effects--sore arm, slight headache, some overnight chills. Dose number 2 is likely to be harder and I will report back on the thread linked above. There is quite a large Facebook group called ME/CFS and the COVID VACCINES. Lots of patients have been vaccinated with no serious reactions. Most took the Pfizer or Moderna though.

alice

I have also had my first dose - Pfizer. It went fine. Was very tired for several hours and some nausea. However I had taken an antihistamine before receiving the vaccine and think the adverse reaction was due to the antihistamine and not the vaccine. I live in a senior community and was vaccinated due to age.
I am scheduled to receive second dose on next Tues. I'll also report back.
I was very encouraged by reading the messages written by the well known doctors who treat CFS/ME who generally are in favor of the vaccination, especially for the elderly.

blueberry

If you have been offered it due to your work then your risk of infection must be a fair bit higher than the general population @blueberry do you feel more at risk?
At the moment it's OK as we are all mostly working from home through the current lockdown so I'm supporting people over zoom calls. But with the new variant about and me having the sort of ME where I catch every bug going, I'm a lot more fearful of catching Covid than I was a few weeks ago. And when I am required to go back into work, a lot of my colleagues will have had the vaccine, but it may not stop them passing it on.

blueberry

@Sushi and @alice, thanks for replying. I'm glad you were able to get the Pfizer vaccine with no serious impacts. I was offered that one last week but was in a flare up at the time and just getting over a virus, so cancelled my appointment. I'm very frustrated about that now, as I would much prefer the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and would gladly make an appointment to have one- but the new appointments rolled out this week are for Astra Zeneca and I feel very worried about having a vaccine with a live virus in it. I know it's a decision I need to make for myself, but I'm very conflicted!

gregh286

Had the astra end of last week.
Work in family funeral business so treated as front line.
Was more fatigued next day for sure but passed day after. A cfs mate of mine in Scotland had it too and he's moderate. (I'm mild). Same next day roughness but then bounced back.

On a ME scale of crashes the vaccine wouldnt even register.
I've had a pint of beer that bed rid me for days.
We are a messed up bunch.

Last edited:

gregh286

Thanks, @gregh286 that's really helpful to hear how it affected you and your mate. Much appreciated.

No prbs.
I don't even know if cfs is immune driven anymore. But that's for another day. I'm glad I took it now. Was apprehensive but tbh after some of the shit I've took from KDM .and others over the last 9 years it was nothing

I have had dose one of the Pfizer--no problems other than the expected temporary side effects--sore arm, slight headache, some overnight chills. Dose number 2 is likely to be harder and I will report back on the thread linked above. There is quite a large Facebook group called ME/CFS and the COVID VACCINES. Lots of patients have been vaccinated with no serious reactions. Most took the Pfizer or Moderna though.
I tried to find the facebook group but didn't have any luck

lenora

I'll be having the Pfizer vaccine on Saturday. I have a number of conditions, ME is on top of them.

I also have Autoimmune Encephalitis so very carefully checked this out. My neurologist gave it an immediate go-ahead as did my cardiologist who told me to get it ASAP. I'm listening. I don't expect it to be without side-effects and will let you know how I fare. Yorus, Lenora.

Rufous McKinney

but the new appointments rolled out this week are for Astra Zeneca and I feel very worried about having a vaccine with a live virus in it. I know it's a decision I need to make for myself, but I'm very conflicted!

Two evolutionary biologists, the Weinsteins...Heather and Brett...have been looking into some of the vaccine issues from their perspective, and they feel that Astro Zeneca one based upon using an adenovirus...they think because we have been exposed to adenoviruses for a very long time, our bodies are less likely to experience an adverse reaction.

They were both on Real Time with Bill Maher last week discussing this and I will assume they have posted You Tube videos discussing it. So you might look into that....

Abha

Abha
I have had the vaccine(Asta zeneca?) this week as I'm in CEV group....also over 65s.I have heard(Euro News that this vaccine is not being given to over 65s in Germany/Austria/Poland...France too? so that is worrying.However, one has no choice so I guess it is better to take it.The new Russian vaccine may be more effective....