• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone got a Digital Motion X-ray (DMX) to look for Neck Instability?

Jwarrior77

Has anyone got a DMX to look for CCI, AAI, or any other instability of the neck? We're you diagnosed with it or had to get other scans like an upright MRI to find it? I'm scheduled to get one soon. Does anyone know if the Dr. Gilete, Dr. Henderson, or Dr. Bolognese look at or accept those imaging? If I do have instability I'm thinking about getting prolotherapy or PRP to help the ligaments. Anyone have any more knowledge on this or advice? Thanks.

Jwarrior77

@Hip Thanks for the info. My appointment was today and I somehow mustered up the strength to go there. What I learned was astonishing but also something I expected. It turns out I have severe instability at my C1, and instability / damaged ligaments at C3, C5, C6, C7 I believe. My whole neck is out of wack. I'm going to get the full report on Monday along with a couple copies of my scan to send out to other doctors if I want. From what I gathered I don't have AAI but a strong probability of CCI. I got to see the scans right after it was done. This video shows what my C1 looks like:

I highly recommend anyone who suspects or have issues with their neck to get it checked out for instability. It could explain a lot on why you are ill.

Swim15

@Hip Thanks for the info. My appointment was today and I somehow mustered up the strength to go there. What I learned was astonishing but also something I expected. It turns out I have severe instability at my C1, and instability / damaged ligaments at C3, C5, C6, C7 I believe. My whole neck is out of wack. I'm going to get the full report on Monday along with a couple copies of my scan to send out to other doctors if I want. From what I gathered I don't have AAI but a strong probability of CCI. I got to see the scans right after it was done. This video shows what my C1 looks like:

I highly recommend anyone who suspects or have issues with their neck to get it checked out for instability. It could explain a lot on why you are ill.

Any report on this?

I looked at a clinic in Florida that does these. Is DMX what you had done and were any of those doctors willing to read it and input on the results?