• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone experimented with the beach in the tropics?

Davsey27

Curious if anyone has experienced or heard of remission by being spending time outside in the beach near the tropics?

Thank You

Davsey27

Interesting that you took alot of supplements
I have been curious about high dose vitamin c

I have heard Jack Kruse and Doris Loh mention that people have recovered from autoimmune conditions by going into the tropics.

It would be nice to hear some evidence of people recovering.

As far as the sun did that improve your walking distance significantly or decrease post exertional malaise?

thanks pamojja

pamojja

As far as the sun did that improve your walking distance significantly or decrease post exertional malaise?

Again, I consider a really laid-back tropical beach only one of many - though certainly just as well as important - synergistic factors for my recovery. After years of 'practicing' it, both my walking-disabilty and PEM went into complete remission.

The only more direct and immetiate effect was the remission from a year-long chronic bronchitis. Afterwards diagnosed as COPD stage 1, and asymptomatic since.

PS: actually I really got sick for a whole month the first year, and after 1 1/2 months on the beach. Diarhea, vomiting, chills and fevers for a whole months. Unable to eat anythings than curd. Probably thyphoid fever (stuhl testing), the first fevers in many years.

Last edited:
Back