• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone been in the hospital when your condition got worse?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Has anyone been hospitalized when your condition got worse?
Could you say more? Do you mean that you were in the hospital for some other reason and your ME/CFS got worse, or that you entered the hospital because your ME/CFS got worse?

Rufous McKinney

Has anyone been hospitalized when your condition got worse?

sorrta but not really. I spent 5 hours in the ER with a severe gastrointestinal near death experience.

Being there was horrible, and I could count all the ways.

Of course it was an acute ME event but I made no mention of any of that.

The notion that these are the places to go to receive care when seriously ill, but no blood and nothing is broken or needs to be sewed back up....: well dispense with this notion in our case.

Pearshaped

i was hospitalized from Rheumy to have further investigations bec ilness got worse and worse in 2016.
After Hospital terrible relapse
that changed everything.

strongly recommend to avoid hospitals if there is "just" ME/CFS or other chronic disease.@purplelady Try to weigh out the risks&benefits of a Hospitalisation or trip to ER. if theres a upcoming hospital stay,prepare yourself with things that woud make your stay bearable.