• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has Anybody Been Treated for Chronic Lyme and Did It Work?

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
I have been reading about Chronic Lyme and it seems to fit better in regards to what is going on with my family (many of us with the same symptoms). Some of us also have the symptom of early osteoarthritis. It would also explain why it is getting passed on. Most of us have been tested for lyme disease and no one was positive. From what I have read, with Chronic Lyme this sometimes happens.

Has anybody gone through the treatment (especially if you also have arthritis) and has it worked? Maybe I should have tried the Marshall Protocol.

housebound in 1999 and with one year of treatment for chronic lyme i had about 75% of my health back. Treatment is difficult and endless..... I have tired lots of different treatments during the last ten years, but still hovering around 80% of my health back...... I am XMRV+
Birddog

ukxmrv

I've never been tested as there has been so much argument over the tests and I can't afford to keep do this. What I have tried are some of the different protocols over the decades. No help at all and reactions to the drugs have been a big problem for me. There are groups dedicated to these approaches but the improvements seen there have not been what I experienced. One of the major drawbacks for me has been the concept of the Herx (which I have looked at in detail over time). It appears that some of some simply cannot tolerate that approach without getting worse for long periods (years) or with permanent bad results.
XMRV+

taniaaust1

hard to say that it may be chronic lyme or not.

Ostero-arthritis just runs in some families (genetic predisposition) it runs in my family and i had it by my mid 30s... same as my nanna.

CFS/ME is transmissionable along with genetic tendancy..

Without no lyme results anywhere in your family.. you may find you just take drugs long term for nothing at all (and posssibly do more harm).

The rate of CFS/ME is 10% of cases of lyme end up with this. (those are ones who have CFS/ME even after treatment). Lyme is a trigger for CFS/ME just as EBV and many other things are.