• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hair Mineral Testing

Jigsaw

I want to believe in the iodine cure, but I had mixed results. It worked really well for a few days then it crashed me hard. Some say it's because the adrenals couldn't keep up. I have no idea, but I think it made me go hypo.
What dose were you on when you crashed? Were you doing the salt push on a regular basis throughout the day, and according to your detox signs and symptoms? Were you taking selenium, mag, Vit C, B2, B3, alongside the iodine? Were you taking Lugol's, or another form, like Nascent?

I have been able to reduce my adrenal steroids and my thyroid meds on Lugol's. It happened naturally, but not until I'd worked up to 50mg/d, and I'd gad some fairly crappy detox symptoms. It certainly hasn't made me hypo, although obviously different people will have different responses to the same substance.

Is it possible that your crash was in fact some hefty detoxing? Or caused by some hefty detoxing?

I'm still detoxing, at c.100-140mg/d. I know I am, bevause I'll start sweating for no apparent reason, get a huge headache, feel sick, develop a rash (latest is on both cheekbones), and my pee changes colour. It can be actually brown, which is alarming - very def NOT dehydrated, drinking 3L plus water/d, and I more than pass the pinch test.

I tried taking 1.5mg iodine kelp tablets a year or so ago, and felt diabolically unwell on them so I gave up. I didn't know about all the halides then.

renski

Hello, wondering if anyone can comment/offer advice or any direction on my hair mineral tests?

My 2017 hair mineral test: I wasn't taking any supplements at all
2018: I was on zinc for about 6 months prior, then about 2 months before the 2018 test I switched to mineral complex (this is why my Boron is higher now), and a few weeks prior to the 2018 test I also started supplementing more manganese, this might be why my Iron dropped a bit. My manganese has gone down, possibly due to the R5P or zinc I've been taking. I feel worse when I take manganese, i can tolerate it though. Zinc I can tolerate a little bit but once I take more then 10mg I start to feel worse. Chromium has gone down due to one of the other minerals I'm assuming.. I'm taking lithium only at a small dose because I can't handle large doses of it. I can't handle magnesium. There is a lot more going on but I have several B's which are low, my P5P is high in blood, etc.

I'm not sure what to do with supplementation, the manganese seems to be lowering my iron, I guess I can reduce the manganese a bit. I'm wondering what is the big picture here, I think just because something is low doesn't mean I should always supplement it?

Attachments

• 2018.01.24 Hair-Analysis.pdf
    62.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 2017 HairAnalysis.pdf
    63.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 2018.01.24 Hair Analysis #2.pdf
    257.2 KB · Views: 17
Hi All

I Am Pretty late to this thread, but can any one guide me to Christine Huebner website or contact. im unable to find her on google. i feel she has immensely great approach to treat nutrition.

dannybex

Hi All

I Am Pretty late to this thread, but can any one guide me to Christine Huebner website or contact. im unable to find her on google. i feel she has immensely great approach to treat nutrition.

I'm even later to reply, but am doing so only because I came across an old email from her -- where she typically contradicted what she was saying on these message boards -- and offered other erroneous information, like this:

"I think it is very important that you stop the three digestive supplements. Two of them contain high levels of phytates. Though these block absorption of iron - which your body has problems with - they also block absorption of manganese - which you need. Since you are taking it in a form that has to be absorbed via the intestines (not the Water Oz which does not) you must not take phytates. "

My digestive enzymes didn't contain phytates, they contained phyTASE, which helps break down phytase. But try and tell that to Christine, and she'd become agitated and condescending.

Anyway, I hope you've found some other help regarding nutrition and ME/CFS. There are a lot of experts out there, and many right here on this board.