• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gulf War ME/CFS patients: URGENT NEED FOR XMRV & ERV TESTING

bakercape

Why is it

that the PWC on this sight can come up with all these great advocacy ideas like lobbying GWS groups and different Autism groups but the CAA seems to do nothing but post news about XMRV on facebook that everyone is already aware of. Are they planning on doing anything XMRV related or are they going to let WPI do all the heavy lifting. I have been emailing Autism speaks and will start mailing GWS groups. Why is our self proclaimed advocacy group not taking these actions.
They could send out an advocacy alert form letter like they have in the past for any of these type of ideas or anything related to XMRV. But of course they do not. They will just stand on the sidelines passing along news from WPI and other groups but doing nothing more.

natasa778

Parvo, in addition to this "interestingly" there seems to be a very high autism rate amongst children of military personnel (no, of course no-one bothered to do any actual studies so far, but anecdotal reports are plenty and point to very high incidence...). Angela Warner is an autism military mum who has written on the subject ... http://www.ageofautism.coam/military/

flybro

The military conection is of interest to me.

I was a military kid, my children are military kids and my youngest daughter is autistic.