• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Guilt and Self-doubt... Help?

hapl808

That self doubt and deciding I could will my way out of it is exactly how I managed to function for a long time at the moderate level (but not make it back to mild), and also what led to multiple crashes down into more severe. Unfortunately at the more severe level it seems to be a lot harder to improve than it ever was for me at moderate.

godlovesatrier

I definitely used to physically in the early days. But I guess after 5 years I accepted it for what it is.

Mentally though I do wish I could push myself with more consistent clarity and energy in my mental thinking.

vision blue

I do not agree that it is univerdal to have such self doubt. I never have. In other ways, I can be too hard on myself I think but never ever through self doubt of symptoms, energy level, or anything involving my illness.

I’m curious how the OP is doing four years later. she is four years older. For some people who don’t have the confidence early on they get it later. Hopefully her cfs better too!