• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Grapes and Gut Health, Who'da Guessed ?

YippeeKi YOW !!

I remember craving grapes almost constantly during and after chemo, and I thought it was because they were nicely packaged little bursts of juicy flavor in a life pretty much void of tasty treats.

It turns out that it may have been the gradual and total destruction of my digestive system, which as a result was crying out for anything that might help some small corner of it survive.

Or maybe I just really, really like grapes.

Who knows ....

See what you think ....

Effect of Standardized Grape Powder Consumption on the Gut Microbiome of Healthy Subjects: A Pilot Study
https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/13/11/3965

YippeeKi YOW !!

My husband is rather addicted to frozen grapes. He says they're like little sherbet balls!
He's totally right !!!

Tell him that if he puts a bunch of frozen grapes (one of my favorites, too) in a blender with maybe a couple of 1-2" chunks of frozen bananas, he can get a really lovely, sherbert-y slushie. Delish.

Actually, any other frozen fruit would yield equally stellar results, but beware of too much of a really strongly flavored fruit, which will overwhelm to more subtle grape taste....

This would be particularly handy in the hot summer months.

Thank you for posting this .... I'd forgotten all about frozen grapes, along with the other 5,000 things that have slipped thru the widening cracks ...