• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Good news!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/23/health/policy/23drug.html?_r=1&pagewanted=2&src=me

Federal Research Center Will Help Develop Medicines

"The Obama administration has become so concerned about the slowing pace of new drugs coming out of the pharmaceutical industry that officials have decided to start a billion-dollar government drug development center to help create medicines."

"The new effort comes as many large drug makers, unable to find enough new drugs, are paring back research. Promising discoveries in illnesses like depression and Parkinson’s that once would have led to clinical trials are instead going unexplored because companies have neither the will nor the resources to undertake the effort."

I don't want t get into a political debate, but personally feel that Obama is trying to overcome the existing dogma regarding government health programs.

If he does intend to do well by the people, drugs that cure will become possible because the profit motive will be out of the picture. Profit and health, in my opinion, don't belong in the same sentence.

This would provide an excellent opportunity to move ahead with glutathione type treatments, and other types of treatment that cure.

It may be a great time to contact the white house, or the doctor heading up the new research center to provide imput/ideas and show support for honest science directed at truly improving the lives and health of people. Instead of the current CDC/lobbyist policy of deny and obfuscate.