• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gluten-induced panic attack?

dmholmes

Thanks for the info Janis. The Enterolab test I had done was stool.

I also had an endoscopy done before that, normal except for mild gastritis. Not sure if they checked the intestine for celiac, I'd have to go back and ask.

No doubt about it though, my body prefers that I don't eat much food with gluten.

David

dmholmes

Test results aside, finding out what works for us is the important thing, eh?

Most definitely.

I have never had any test results come back anything but normal, normal, normal. So it has all been trial and error. But the diminishing of symptoms speaks volumes. :)

So far low glutathione and vitamin D are the only tests that have come back abnormal for me, out of what seems like a couple of dozen.

David

Jody

David,

So many tests are inaccurate, they just don't tell us what we need to know.

We just have to listen to our bodies and try to determine what it's telling us.

Ours are pretty clear about the gluten thing. :D

With regards to Gluten sensitivity, is this caused by cfs or does gluten sensitivity cause cfs? Gluten sensitivity is an autoimmune condition. I ask because I suspected a problem with gluten and had an IgG4 food sensitivity test performed. Wheat, barely, rye, gluten, gliadin, malt and soy was extremely high. Milk, eggs, cottage cheese, and oranges were moderately high. Among other more serious symptoms, all of these produced intense post nasal drip within minutes of consumption. I didn't have any anaphylactic reaction from any of these. I am concerned the gluten sensitivity/allergy are being induced by my chronic fatigue. Your thoughts would be welcome and appreciated.
Frank