• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Giving Tuesday, November 29, 2022

lenora

Hi @Jaime.....I'm not on Twitter, nor any social media account, but would like to donate more than we have already done this year.

I didn't know the present triple amount was even occurring until just now. Since this comes out of an IRA account and can't be done via a credit card, is there some way that people could be notified by mail....say a week before the donation can be made. It's almost a waste of money not to have it tripled. Thank-you. Lenora

lenora

Thanks@Jaybee00.....I seem to have finally connected that any doubling or tripling of donations goes on through most of November, which makes sense.

It just seems odd to miss out on tripling funds because people aren't aware of the dates. I'm happy to see that this national giving seems to have taken on a life of its own.....many companies are quite liberal in what they'll match.

For those who work: It does take time to get the forms prepared, so please go to the Personnel Dept. and arrange for any gifts to be matched at say the beginning of November....that way the co. will have enough time to process your request. We need money for research, that's a given, and I'm only giving to properly set up foundations or privately via situations I know of. I'm sure many of you feel the same way if you're even in a position to give.

I appreciate your response Jaybee00 and will more on top of things next November. When money has to be transferred, it does take time. Yours, Lenora