• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GIll/Alter/Lo Powerpoint Presentations "Is there a Virus"

alex3619

Hi, I agree with urbantravels, don't expect Lo or Alter to put anything new on slides, but that doesn't mean they wont say something interesting in the presentation. Not long now. Bye, Alex

RivkaRivka

http://videocast.nih.gov/faq/#nihonly

Why can't I see NIH-only or HHS-only VideoCasts?

All VideoCasts are world-accessible except for NIH-only and HHS-only events. Individual event coordinators determine the access level. This is how CIT determines which videos are world-accessible or NIH/HHS only. VideoCasts marked NIH/HHS-only can only be seen from computers on NIH/HHS networks or from outside networks with VPN software. The HHS network includes the following agencies: ACF, AoA, AHRQ, ATSDR, CDC, CMS, FDA, HHS, HRSA, IHS, NIH, PSC, and SAMHSA.

You will need an NIH VPN account and software on your home computer to watch NIH-only or HHS-only VideoCasts. Virtual Private Network (VPN) allows NIH employees to access the NIH network and Institute computing resources over a third-party Internet Service Provider (ISP) such as that from Verizon FIOS/DSL or Comcast Cable. You will need to contact your third-party ISP to verify that the ISP allows VPN over their network. More information is at http://remoteaccess.nih.gov or staff can call the NIH Service Desk at (301) 496-4357 for VPN information.

urbantravels

disjecta membra
*sigh*

*warming up transcribing fingers*

But, even if we had been able to watch live, we would not have been able to submit questions, I'm guessing. (Does this format even include Q&A?) I'll just have to get Dr. Gill's email address if I want to hassle him about "neurasthenia" and "The Yellow Wall-Paper."

Hope123

If you look on the advocacy subforum, I have put Gill's e-mail and info in my post on "What are NIH staff being taught about ME/CFS?"

pictureofhealth

XMRV - L'Agent du Jour
Does anyone here know someone who attended the presentation please, so that we can hear verbatim what was actually presented on the day, and what the contents of the slides were on the day? Then we can compare with the 'watered' down edited version we get in a few days time - if any. Thanks.