• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Genova's New Methylation Panel

bertiedog

I wanted to let members know that Genova have recently brought out the above test which might be of interest to some of you here. Genova says -

What advantage does the Methylation Panel offer compared to other diagnostics?

"Genova's Methylation Panel combines biomarkers with genetic information in one profile. Some genetic predispositions are not always expressed, therefore seeing combined results offers greater insight."

Basically add ons are available for certain SNPs which affect the methylation cycle if you haven't already had then done through 23andme along with the other markers involved in the methylation cycles. They stress that one's diet and lifestyle shows through on this test and I did have an example of that myself when I had my results of their new Complete Hormone Panel. Although I had quite a highish reading on 2 combined markers for oestrogen, when they looked at my methylation of oestrogen, the potential bad markers were not detected which indicated I had excellent methylation. To be honest this did surprise me so I think I will at some point get this new test done because I always though my methylation would be rubbish.

FYI I have covered several webinars run by Genova so I can order this new test as I have practitioner status but I am happy to offer it to UK members of PR at cost price to me because I do understand how difficult it can be to afford these tests.

The only problem at the moment is that I don't know what the basic price is or the add-ons but hopefully I should know tomorrow and will post this as soon as I get it.

BTW I am covering a day long webinar tomorrow run by an MD and Genova on their Nutrival and G I Effects tests so think I might be a bit worn out!

Pam