• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gearing Up for the Big Search for XMRV - WSJ Article

C

Cloud

Was there any trigger to your illness? Or was it like a gradual slide?

Yes, a period of mega off the charts stress, and the Hep B vaccine. I recognized illness onset after the second jab with the Hep B, but didn't put it together...after the third jab I was down for the count. I had no acute infections at the time of onset. From here it was a gradual progressive slide with severity. I went from mild-moderate-severe over the next 10 years. I have done many up's and down's, but never a full remission.

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
Lipkin tells the Health Blog that the study focuses on whether XMRV or other viruses in the same family are found in higher frequency in patients with CFS.

Wait, did he say frequency? That sounds like he believes that XMRV is a real virus and potentially widespread.

Jemal

Maybe we are reading too much into this, but it does seem like he at least believes the virus exists.

alex3619

Hi everyone, this virus has been sequenced, cloned, replicated and transmitted to animals. It exists, there is no doubt. That understanding does not commit him to find it in CFS however, though I think he will. Bye, Alex

pictureofhealth

XMRV - L'Agent du Jour
Dr Shepherd at the ME Association in the UK has said that even UK Virologists believe that XMRV exists - they really want to study it.

The questions they do have however are: 1. does it actually cause disease in humans? or more specifically from our point of view, 2. does it cause ME/CFS?

Dr Shepherd at the ME Association in the UK has said that even UK Virologists believe that XMRV exists - they really want to study it.

The questions they do have however are: 1. does it actually cause disease in humans? or more specifically from our point of view, 2. does it cause ME/CFS?

I do not trust shepherd, I have a freind who wrote to him and shepherd suggests in the reply that essentially that the uk retrovirologists do NOT beleive in the link to M.E....