• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMaf week 8

naoise

Hi

I'm on week 8 of GcMaf/Hepeppresin. And I'm feeling awful! Bad cold, cough, headaches, earaches etc. is this normal? Will it improve?
When should I start seeing improvements?

Thanks!

naoise

@Sushi ok so I'll definitely give it more time. And did you feel worse in the beginning? I feel so sick for the last week..head cold, sinus pains etc

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
And did you feel worse in the beginning?
For one day each week--usually the 3rd or 4th day after the shot as that is when the most effect happens. Remember, this is a type of immunotherapy so your immune system might be functioning better and doing its job going after pathogens.

naoise

@Sushi yeah actually maybe having this cold is a sign my immune system is kicking into place.
How long have you been off GcMaf? Are you doing much better?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
How long have you been off GcMaf? Are you doing much better?
I'm not off GcMAF. I've taken it for nearly 4 years with a few breaks when other treatments were giving me too much inflammation. What I hear from my others, and my own experience, is that whatever benefits you are going to get from GcMAF you will get in the first 6 months to a year. After that, it has been maintenance for me in order to maintain my gains. So, I'm not doing "much better," but I am doing better than before GcMAF.

naoise

@Sushi i never thought about maintaining it. For some reason I thought after the 6-12month course is up that's it. But keeping it going every so often is a good idea.
I hope I even see some improvement like you...it's better than no improvement!

Thinktank

Yes it's normal to get sick. I remember i got quite sick after my first shot of low dose GcMAF, kinda like a viral infection. It lasted 3 - 4 days and then it cleared.