• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GCMAF injection vs cream

fireflymd

I learned about GCMAF through Dr. Enlander. I tried his MAF878 powder to make a yogurt with no benefit noted whatsoever.

I have read about Sansei's GCMAF for injection, and more recently the "Glycoprotein" cream from GCMAFplus.

Has anyone here done both injection and cream? If so, do you have an opinion as to which is more effective? I would imagine the injection, but if the cream works just as well, I'll start with the cream.

If you have done the injections from Sansei, for CFS, what dose did you start with?

deleder2k

Given the fact that we don't know much about GcMAF, and the scandals with producing it, why do you take it? Many with ME have tried it without success. It is interesting that you're trying, I am just trying to understand why you would consider injecting it. It seems very scary.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Has anyone here done both injection and cream? If so, do you have an opinion as to which is more effective? I would imagine the injection, but if the cream works just as well, I'll start with the cream.
I've done both the injections and the cream. I did very well with the injections with significant improvements, but it is no longer available (or legal to import it) to the US, so I am using the cream now. I haven't seen the same results from the cream but others have done well with it.
I am just trying to understand why you would consider injecting it. It seems very scary.
The doctor who prescribed injections for me only did so after thorough lab tests to determine whether I was a suitable candidate. I was and they helped me a great deal.

fireflymd

I've done both the injections and the cream. I did very well with the injections with significant improvements, but it is no longer available (or legal to import it) to the US, so I am using the cream now. I haven't seen the same results from the cream but others have done well with it.
The doctor who prescribed injections for me only did so after thorough lab tests to determine whether I was a suitable candidate. I was and they helped me a great deal.

I did not know that Sansei would not be able to ship to the US. Sadly, they never mentioned that in their e-mail.

Did you have the Nagalase test done? If so, what lab did you use?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I did not know that Sansei would not be able to ship to the US. Sadly, they never mentioned that in their e-mail.
They may be willing to ship it, but US customs will seize it if they find it.
Did you have the Nagalase test done? If so, what lab did you use?
Nagalase is one of the tests I had done regularly. My doctors used both Health Diagnostics (US) and Redlabs in Europe. My nagalase was high initially and slowly came down to a normal range.