• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gcmaf and diet

Hi there

I'm due to star gcmaf on wednesday, does anyone have any advice regarding diet? Are there any foods that should be avoided or increased?

I read on an hiv forum that some people stick to a mainly veggie diet? Any advice would be great

Hi Chrissie

I don't have advice about diet while on gcmaf, apart from mentioning that on the bgli website they say that carrageenan, a food additive, can block macrophage activity. I just wanted to wish you the best of luck with this treatment.

Thanks Janey, I saw something mentioned about that. I'll have a look into it.

Fingers crossed GcMaf goes well! X

lobba123

professor ruggiero reported that aspartame kill almost all gcmaf activity.his studies are on maf 314 which gets in to the system by oral admin so different from our inj gcmaf but i d avoid any possible sources of it for extra safety.i t is in many things like gum, beverages and drugs too.
the other day i was about to take an histamin and i found aspartame in it

Hi there

I'm due to star gcmaf on wednesday, does anyone have any advice regarding diet? Are there any foods that should be avoided or increased?

I read on an hiv forum that some people stick to a mainly veggie diet? Any advice would be great

become a caveman

it is hard to recommend diets etc as you all have different responses to food, supplements etc.
I do agree with Professor Ruggerio, to avoid apartame. This is now wildley available but if you are aware of the book quatum healing, this chemical acts as a chemical messenger switching on all sorts of random pathways at a cellular level. well bad !!!!!
I have been aware of the postings regarding not supplimenting with vitamin D.
When I was a kid I was outside all the time, not worring about skin cancer but I was making vit D the caveman way
I would not like to advise re diets
B12 is listed as beneficial as well as vit D
Now my partner has been given a second chance at life thanks to Gc MAF from EU we have gone back to our child hood.
We eat only foods in season. No strawberries at xmas
Food is now the quaint english meat n two veg but will try to include oil rich fish.
Vegetarians and Vegans you will need to supplement may be. Vit D helps gcmaf work better. Got info from a Barbados clinic. if not happy supplimenting go out for 20 mins in the mid day sun. dont use sun block.
there is so much we understand but even more we dont
keep up the postings
this is a brave new world
keep in touch