• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gastro visit

outdamnspot

Had to see a private gastro today for relentless nausea and difficulty eating I've experienced over the past 6 months; I've also vomited blood/bile several times. I told him I've been diagnosed with CFS but that my current GP doesn't believe I have it; he chuckled and said "ah, a non-believer, huh" .. which I took to mean he at least acknowledges it exists. Anyway, he took a brief history over the course of 15 minutes, then gave me a prescription for nausea and reflux. I figured that given the postulated connections between CFS and the gut, he'd at least look into other stuff like SIBO/breath testing, possible malabsorption issues etc.? I don't really want a scope, so thankful he didn't force that, but I also feel a little short-changed.