• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gabapentin and methlyene blue bad reaction

Davsey27

I'm curious this morning I took gabapentin 300mg and 0.5 MG of methylene blue and was having bad nuerosymmptoms,felt overstimulated by light when I got to park

Felt like I was gonna have a stroke or heart attack as body felt very disoriented

Head injury/ME type reset in brain.Maybe seritonin syndrome or Flux of cytokines I'm not sure

The thing is the dose of MB was quite low at
0.5mg

This subsidized after upping klonopin

Im curious is it likely the gabapentin or low dose methleyene blue that caused this?

Thank you

Slushiefan

I have had this w/ methylene blue.

I can resolve it by taking a vitamin c 1000mg. It dissipates quickly after I take that - say 20 minutes.

Also, since it felt like what people describe here as overmethylation, I added slow release niacin taken daily. After a few weeks taking this, I have been able to add back MB without having that problem any longer, for now.