• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Full recovery- is it possible???

Full recovery for everyone - is it possible?

• Yes

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Improvement YES - but not a 100%

Votes: 32 49.2%

• Total voters

femtosecond99

@matt321 @femtosecond99 what did you guys do to recover? How come you still here in this forum?
Do you take LDN or any antidepressant and consider yourself recovered? What treatment do you follow?

I want to think is possible, after two years and a half trying alternative medicine, diets and supplements I couldnt find any improvement and now I'm on amitryptiline 10 MG and 400 mg alfatocoferil. I have improved my sleep and pain with these two meds A LOT, however Im very afraid of the side effects. I want to try LDN too, but I see it has many side effects... I don't know if continue eating healthy and resting or gradually upgrading the dose of amitryptiline and starting with LDN. I read so many different approaches that Im confused...

See my previous posts. I don't take any drugs or supplements (and didn't use any to recover). I come here occasionally to help others, although I don't seem to be very welcome so I only post occasionally. Most people who recover don't hang out on these forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

JES

I want to think is possible, after two years and a half trying alternative medicine, diets and supplements I couldnt find any improvement and now I'm on amitryptiline 10 MG and 400 mg alfatocoferil. I have improved my sleep and pain with these two meds A LOT, however Im very afraid of the side effects. I want to try LDN too, but I see it has many side effects... I don't know if continue eating healthy and resting or gradually upgrading the dose of amitryptiline and starting with LDN. I read so many different approaches that Im confused...

They recovered using psychological approaches. LDN is generally well-tolerated. Naltrexone is given to drug addicts in a ten times larger dose than used for autoimmune diseases, so it's quite safe. Of course any drug is likely to produce more side effects for those with ME/CFS than healthy population. But compared to antidepressants, I would say LDN is easier for many to tolerate.

maybe some day

They recovered using psychological approaches. LDN is generally well-tolerated. Naltrexone is given to drug addicts in a ten times larger dose than used for autoimmune diseases, so it's quite safe. Of course any drug is likely to produce more side effects for those with ME/CFS than healthy population. But compared to antidepressants, I would say LDN is easier for many to tolerate.
I wish that was the solution for everyone

I wish that was the solution for everyone

I've been already to a couple. Didn't help me... My CFS started with a very strong pharyngitis. Ive had tonsillitis and pharyngitis all my life, gradually losing my health over the years... Im 30 now, 2 years and a half I got CFS and I want to find a psychologycal reasn for it but I cannot find it.

Im thinking maybe my body some day will just heal itself when he is ready. Im not going to spend more money in suplements.