• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

From the 1st annual XMRV conference

George

waitin' fer rabbits
There's like 3,000 people all waiting for the Cleveland Clinic to Tweet something. LOL This just came up on Google (grins)

kdebelic‎: @ClevelandClinic ClevelandClinic Any new update that you can share with us from the XMRV workshop? Many are waiting for news

illsince1977

A shadow of my former self
I agree, it is most ungratifying!

It seems weird to have an institution tweeting, though. Sort of like the Queen trying to do it (willing to be modern but only distantly grasping the concept).

I thought the concept of going to a conference was to listen, learn and participate, not tweet!

Trooper

According to this they can get a titer reading on the samples??? That's a couple of steps ahead of the best news we've heard. This would suggest not only being able to get positives but to get the amount of virus in the persons system. WOW???!!!???

Good one George : ) - If this is the case it would be amazing to see if this equates to severity of symptoms! Is this possible to do with other diseases?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I thought the concept of going to a conference was to listen, learn and participate, not tweet!

True! But maybe they will tweet out during a boring bit! Probably too busy for now drinking coffee and trying to get one of the good biscuits before they're all gone.

George

waitin' fer rabbits
Biscuits!!!! Where, what, biscuts, let me at em, let me at em,

From the Cleveland Clinic to well, . . us really

@kdebelic we'll have more updates soon.

Whoooo, hoo, Give that birdie a biscuit!

Bob

Once upon a time I might have been able to do all four simultaneously... multi-tasking... Now days it would give me a headache just trying to get the wording for one Tweet sounding coherent! (I had to re-write this post about 5 times!)

George

waitin' fer rabbits
more from CC, Bless em!

Much discussion about the possibility of contamination in samples, populations – it's a very tricky virus to test for. #XMRV

#
ClevelandClinic‎: #XMRV is only the third retrovirus known to infect humans.
Twitter - 6 minutes ago
#

ClevelandClinic‎: It raises the question whether protease inhibitors for HIV (antiretroviral drugs) would be effective in treating #XMRV.
Twitter - 7 minutes ago
#

ClevelandClinic‎: From XMRV workshop: We now know what #XMRV looks like – its structure is similar to HIV but it's in the details where it's different.
Twitter - 8 minutes ago

Well, darn we knew all that. (grins)

Bob

(giggles and grins) Yeah, somebody needs to take his phone away and show him how it's done!

2:41 Tweet: uhhh just saw judy, she's wearing green today, looking good
2:45 Tweet: That Dr. Coffin is talking to Dr. X it could be serious
2:53Tweet: Big poster of mice on the wall, will get picture to post later
3:01 Tweet:Bald guy is handing out papers, I'll try to get one and sum it up for you

I love it George... I hope you've got a Twitter account, cos you're a natural at it! :D

George

waitin' fer rabbits
More from the CC

# This research suggests that the prostate is an easy place for #XMRV to grow less than 10 seconds ago via HootSuite

# Silverman: Another factor causing #XMRV to infect the prostate is hormone levels; higher androgen levels correlate to more XMRV infection less than a minute ago via HootSuite

# Dr. Robert Silverman of @ClevelandClinic discussing findings that suggest how #XMRV might contribute to prostate cancer development.

Man, this is really turning out to be a training session for the rest of the dum. . .er I mean researchers. So far everything that's been tweeted is old news. Buuuuuttttttt, that could be cause they can't talk about anything new?????? Here's hoping anyway.

(big grins 4-Bob) Nah, I'm too tired to tweet, I just like being an armchair quarterback.

VillageLife

some more from the conference:

#Possibility that XMRV virus may be contributing to CFS was a study Dr. Silverman's lab co-authored last year

# XMRV is associated with prostate cancer and CFS in some, but not all studies

VillageLife

more up dates.....

#Over 200 people in attendance, including researchers from around the world

#Reps from CDC, FDA, NIH/NCI and more are in attendance at #XMRV workshop

Otis

Señor Mumbler
# Silverman: Another factor causing #XMRV to infect the prostate is hormone levels; higher androgen levels correlate to more XMRV infection

This suggests to me that they have more quantitative data on androgen levels and XMRV levels. The notion I'd titre levels is pretty new. :)

Otis

Señor Mumbler
Once upon a time I might have been able to do all four simultaneously... multi-tasking... Now days it would give me a headache just trying to get the wording for one Tweet sounding coherent! (I had to re-write this post about 5 times!)

I'm right there with you Bob!

ixchelkali

I thought Bob Silverman's session on prostate & XMRV was tomorrow morning, and this afternoon was John Coffin on host responses? Did the schedule get changed after the "final" schedule on the website? Does anyone know?

VillageLife

dont know if George is still about,
another update,

ClevelandClinic #Much discussion today of prostate cancer and #XMRV -- CFS will be hot topic at workshop tomorrow.