• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

From mild to 80% healthy to severe. Sign of Chronic infection?

ChookityPop

I first had Mild illness for 2 years and then got back to maybe 80-90% of Where I was for two years ish and then got sicker than ever. Could that be a sign of chronic infection?

My body gets back to old ways and BAM I fall down again Even worse than before. Maybe my body got a hold of the infection but after doing way to much and treating my body the way I did it came back.

How many ME patients experience this?

Anyone have any ideas of What may be the reason behind this development?

All theories are welcome!

Martin aka paused||M.E.

I first had Mild illness for 2 years and then got back to maybe 80-90% of Where I was for two years ish and then got sicker than ever. Could that be a sign of chronic infection?

My body gets back to old ways and BAM I fall down again Even worse than before. Maybe my body got a hold of the infection but after doing way to much and treating my body the way I did it came back.

How many ME patients experience this?

Anyone have any ideas of What may be the reason behind this development?

All theories are welcome!
2013-2017 very (!) mild Summer 2017 moderate since Februar 2018 very severe… diagnosed now with Coxsackie B4

Reading_Steiner

I went from mild to severe over about 2 months, then back to moderate over 6 months to a year, then to 'dysfunctional moderate' in the past year, meaning I get a bunch of weird symptoms now like sore throat, worse MCAS, bloating / stomach gas that appears suddenly from mild exertion at times, usually when im close to 'crash'. So whatever it causes it can operate over a wide range of functional levels and create widely varying symptoms over time. I have discovered a lot of stuff recently, its interesting.