• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Friend of WPI for 60 $ year

dipic

My old man donated a fairly decent amount of money to the WPI and never got so much as an indication that "hey, we got your money", let alone a thank you or the other crap mentioned.

I realize they are very busy and all (to say the least), and I'm sure this wasn't intentional, but for some reason it irks me a tiny bit. Has anyone else who has donated so far gotten a letter back from them (or anything at all, really?)

Lynn

Yes, my husband and I made a generous donation last December. They sent us a nice thank you letter and a WPI pin (a butterfly). And now of course we are on their mailing list and we get news of their events.

DIPICI, I hope the donation that your Dad made didn't get lost in the shuffle.

Lynn

LJS

Luke
My old man donated a fairly decent amount of money to the WPI and never got so much as an indication that "hey, we got your money", let alone a thank you or the other crap mentioned.

I realize they are very busy and all (to say the least), and I'm sure this wasn't intentional, but for some reason it irks me a tiny bit. Has anyone else who has donated so far gotten a letter back from them (or anything at all, really?)

Same here, they say they will send out email newsletters and special updates to people who donates $60+, I donated way more then $60 and have recived nothing, not even a thank you email. I do not want anything but it would be nice to get a email confirming the donation.

Hope123

It depends on when you donate too I suppose. I donated $100 and it took about 7-8 months before I got a confirmation letter, a pin, and then, following that, an invite to their special charity event this year, which I could not attend due to this illness. I do know they took $100 out of my account within a month so I knew they had recieved it.

They could be better by acknowledging donors quicker though, even if only by e-mail or a quick card.

Dolphin

dipic said:

Same here, they say they will send out email newsletters and special updates to people who donates $60+, I donated way more then $60 and have recived nothing, not even a thank you email. I do not want anything but it would be nice to get a email confirming the donation.
:thumbsup: Well, I'm not from the WPI but thanks for the donations! :thumbsup:

I donated through Paypal and received a confirmation receipt I will use for taxes. No butterfly pin, but no big deal...