• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Free Mikovits web talk from Cheney Clinic/Wednesday Feb. 10th! 1:00 EST

K

_Kim_

Was there anything new in this lecture? My audio was poor, but all of the info seemed very similar to the Prohealth lecture.

Maybe her comment about Clongen lab using the same PCR technique as the Germans and IC. I don't remember hearing that before

julius

Watchoo lookin' at?
20 samples from the UK, 8 were positive, so we know it's in the UK...and that was the last thing she said.....BLAM!

My guess is that they lost electricity in that area.....I didn't hear what Judy said about the 20 samples either, audio was pretty bad!! I live in central NC and we've having pretty serious wind gusts even here.

calzy

I was hoping for some juicy details about those two working together. I know he is on board with her research and helping her anyway he can. Two GREAT minds.

froufox

My sound quality was poor too Kim but most of it was more or less the same as the other lecture as far as I could gather. We can watch it again afterwards tho cant we?

julius

Watchoo lookin' at?
Kim the new things I picked up were

1 the study that showed it only replicated vigorously in prostate cancer cells
2 the tiff between VIP and (un)co-operative
3 the clongen thing
4 8/20 positives from UK

Orla

Audio was ok with added speakers if you have a laptop, though i missed most of (had to go somewhere). It is going to be made available on the Cheney site later. It cut pretty suddenly. I wonder if we will get the rest? Maybe not.

Orla

joyscobby

As one of the Uk xmrv +ves I know that Dr Judy can not say much about the UK results as they were doe through VIPdx. I am thinking about enquiring how to release my results to her so she can. I hope this is possible and I would hope that others tested in the UK may do so to but that is up to the individuals. It is on my long, ever expanding, never done, to do list.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I think she's making a stronger and stronger case why Imperial study was invalid - but its hard to follow on the fly. She also added more technical stuff about the immune response and XMRV. Other than that it was quite similar - if better done. She seems much more fluid.

Lily

*Believe*
My sound quality was poor too Kim but most of it was more or less the same as the other lecture as far as I could gather. We can watch it again afterwards tho cant we?

Sound quality was pitiful. I hope we can transcribe it though. I really get much more by looking at the transcription and listening at the same time. It's a good thing my brain didn't always work this way.

MEKoan

I didn't think to refresh so had no video, only audio. Sounded to me like she wasn't mic.'d or her mic. wasn't turned on because someone sniffed very close to the camera, and there was soooo much room tone, making me think it was onboard mic. all the way. Big mistake. BIG.

Anyway, Judy was wonderful, as ever, I thought. I really appreciated how she addressed the testing issues so specifically even harking back to HIV and the CDC advice not to test because there was not treatment :eek:

And the whole Cooperative Diagnostic fiasco...

and IC

and, and, and,

Go Judy, Go Judy, Go Judy, Go! :victory:

It was painful to try to listen to it (have no headphones and no speakers on laptop) but worth all the aggravation (and onslaught of illness symptoms) to hear such reassuring words from such a good scientist.

I'm happy! Woozy as hell, but

happy.

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
I still have a question that I don't think has ever been answered. Judy has said that XMRV is not contagious although it is infectious. How does anyone account for the outbreaks that lead to ME/CFS? Has that ever been discussed or am I just missing something?

CJB

I'm having withdrawals too! Sitting here staring at the computer like something's going to happen.

Just want to remind everyone to turn their speakers back down.

K

_Kim_

Kim the new things I picked up were

1 the study that showed it only replicated vigorously in prostate cancer cells
2 the tiff between VIP and (un)co-operative
3 the clongen thing
4 8/20 positives from UK

Thanks julius. I also picked up that if XMRV transmission occurred via transfusion, it would prove causality.

Joyscobby, does the WPI know that's how you contracted XMRV?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
20 samples from the UK, 8 were positive, so we know it's in the UK...and that was the last thing she said.....BLAM!

Were these samples sent in by a patient advocacy group as I thought I heard her say when she was cut off? Not part of the original Science study population? Have I misunderstood?

froufox

Were these samples sent in by a patient advocacy group as I thought I heard her say when she was cut off? Not part of the original Science study population? Have I misunderstood?

I thought she said that too but I'm not 100% sure.

ETA - They will be the ones of us who got tested with VIPdx via Biolab in December.