• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Free Mikovits web talk from Cheney Clinic/Wednesday Feb. 10th! 1:00 EST

FernRhizome

I just received the following e-mail. XMRV talks are springing up everywhere! ~Fern

Free Live Web Broadcast with Judy Mikovits PhD

Judy Mikovits PhD will be visiting the Cheney Clinic on Wednesday the 10th of February to observe an ETM and to discuss an up-coming research collaboration with Dr. Cheney on XMRV and CFS. She has generously offered to present a talk to Cheney Clinic Patients and Cheney Research Website Visitors about her work with XMRV.

This is an excellent opportunity to hear from the world's leading expert on XMRV and CFS from the comfort of your own computer screen.

Event Details:

Topic: XMRV and CFS
Date: February 10, 2010
Time: Time: 1:00 PM EST to 2:00 PM EST
Where? www.cheneyresearch.com/live

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
My question too--

Are we going to get a "surprise" when we click on the link to watch?? So far nothing has been free. I'd hope Judy wouldn't participate in that habit of his. I hope this is "for real!"

Sushi

Rrrr

i have a dental appt then. will someone be able to take notes and post here?????

rrrr

FernRhizome

I know! I was astonished it was listed as FREE too.....but I am sure we'll all get follow-up e-mails afterwords. I wonder if it will be just a total recap of Mikovits' last prohealth talk? Or if something new will be covered?

dipic

Oh, you guys are so cynical. :Retro tongue: (only joking)

I'm pretty sure it will be free for all but I guess we'll have to wait and see to know for sure.

calzy

Oh, you guys are so cynical. :Retro tongue: (only joking)

I'm pretty sure it will be free for all but I guess we'll have to wait and see to know for sure.

I was his patient for years:sofa: so you can understand the cynical attitude,;)

I do respect his dedication and he really fought for me with insurance companies. He's a good man, but I guess he's got to make $

Parismountain

Not to be cheeky here but you know he has a new heart right? That news astonished me. Then I went to looking at his site and all and it was all pay for this pay for that. Wow have a heart Mr.
most of us have been financially crippled by this disease along with the other "benefits" this disease brings.

I had a friend who went to him, I chose Lapp. We use to kid each other about my doc is better (anybody remember that movie Brazil, what happened to you, my complication had a complication)
Now since we're still friends after seeing his charges and knowing I stuck with the right doc I kid her at least my doc has a heart. Cruel I know but inside jokes are like that.

sproggle

Jan
So that's 6pm to 7pm GMT? (please correct me if I'm being a dunce) :Retro redface:

Much better time for us Brits, the last one was too late for me I was :In bed: zzzzz

Now I wonder if the live feed will work..... has the cheneyresearch.com site done this sort of thing before? Surely THIS one will be okay!

I also wonder if they'll be any new information or if it will be largely the same as before. Let's hope for some more good news!!

I didn't see an option for sending in questions this time?

Jan xx

Dr. Yes

Shame on You
Just in case someone hasn't seen it already... From the Cheney Research website:

Questions?

Is this free?

Yes, this is completely free.

Will the presentation be made available after the live event?

Yes, the presentation will be made available within the Public Blog area of the Cheney Research website.

What do I need to watch the live presentation?

You will need to ensure you have the latest version of Flash installed.
It seems that Dr. Mikovits is going to have to watch Dr. Cheney demonstrate his Echo-Terrain Mapping technique. So there is the element of free advertising for Cheney. :D That's OK, I've been wondering what the heck that stuff is anyway.

T

thefreeprisoner

Have I missed it? Will there be something for me to transcribe?

Rachel xx

anne_likes_red

Have I missed it? Will there be something for me to transcribe?

Rachel xx

Wednesday 1pm - 2pm EST.

:)

Like the other cynics I was surprised this is free too LOL. You don't get Cheney and free in the same sentence often enough....so let's enjoy this one!

And Rachel...a transcription would be the icing on the cake for many. Looks like it will be available on Cheney's public site soon afterwards. Unless you transcribe live? :eek:

T

thefreeprisoner

I wish. I'd need to do 200wpm for that :(
Sorry... to brainfogged to work out what 1pm EST is in GMT.

Rachel xx

anne_likes_red

OK 7am (on the 11th) where I am. I can manage that.

Rachel...so you'd need my speed X 100 then! LOL. Watch and enjoy - sounds like a good time for those in the UK.