• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Forest therapy and nk cells

Wishful

I haven't measured my NK cells, but I live in a forest, and hike regularly in a forest ... and haven't noticed any benefits I can attribute to that. I'm sure it's healthier than sitting in a room, or even walking in a smoggy city, but it hasn't affected my ME noticeably.

Davsey27

I haven't measured my NK cells, but I live in a forest, and hike regularly in a forest ... and haven't noticed any benefits I can attribute to that. I'm sure it's healthier than sitting in a room, or even walking in a smoggy city, but it hasn't affected my ME noticeably.

If you don't mind me asking wishful

Do you think it's possible that living in the forest has helped keep your CFS mild-moderate being able to do things like hike?

Wishful

Do you think it's possible that living in the forest has helped keep your CFS mild-moderate being able to do things like hike?

I can't say that it's impossible, but I believe it's unlikely. I didn't notice a change from when I was living an a big city. I did lots of walking and bike riding there, and continued here with no significant change. I prefer walking in the woods to walking urban sidewalks, but there was no feeling that one was noticeably superior for health.

Treeman

I used to be an arborist and have spent large parts of my life in and around trees. I have to say I've always felt energized around them and also in other natural environments like wildflower meadows, lakes and streams etc. Its good to see a scientific link to the reason why. I guess even house plants could have a similar effect.

I live in the forest. I have moderate to severe grade. I have to use an wheelchair outside the house, but I am am well enough to roll around some days every week.
I know I couldn't live in a city with all that noise, it sounds like a nightmare. But living in the forest(and I have lived like this all my life) does not make me better.