• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

forehead / head pain after concentration on laptop/TV

MartinK

Hi all,
from last week I have a big problem with new symptom - start after long Photoshop session.
Its a forehead pain with massive intensity, when I look on display on my laptop or TV...

Its clear that it must be something with the eyes, but it came quite suddenly!!! Before that it only happened to me a few times for few hours after long concentration.

Is a huge problem for me, because Im mostly bedridden and work on PC is my only way to make some money! Yesterday I had a relax...many hours close eyes, meditation... but today its all back!

I do not know what to do :-/ I don't have a headache but only forehead pain/pressure and some pressure under eyes. Didn't have to get any pain meds right away...I try as much as possible without chemistry.

Any opinion what to do? Write this post was really hard for me, huge pain!!

I see very well at close range, no glasses.

Thanks a lot for some help!

Martin

Wolfcub

This is a problem @MartinK as you need to work on the photoshop projects to make a living!

I don't know enough about eyestrain and possible connected things, but I wonder if you can obtain some kind of filter which might lessen the screen light while still making it possible for you to work on detail? I do think I have (somewhere in the recesses of my memory) heard of something like that....but unsure.
And I have no idea how it might affect your working.

Another thought is -taking regular twenty minute breaks when you will have to set a timer and when it rings you must rest eyes for twenty minutes.
By "resting eyes", that might mean literally closing them, or at least focusing on objects at a different distance....such as looking around the room, and out of the window too.

That would require an overhaul of your work schedule though, and may not be practical, especially if you have deadlines....

There may be other ideas coming in too. I hope you find an answer.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Is your monitor an LED version or LCD?

I have an older LCD monitor and had to return an LED laptop once because of the headaches around my eyes when using it.

Last edited:

taniaaust1

Hi, I get that issue too but it is not always to do with my eyes but rather me focusing hard on something can give me those symptoms so for me it can also happen offline (so I can get it just from thinking too much about something or trying to figure out something in my head). To avoid it, I have to monitor how much thinking Im doing about anything and take thinking/focusing breaks. (I need to keep switching between activities which require thought and ones which do not).

MartinK

Hey @Wolfcub @Judee ...thanks!
Im thinking about glasses with filter for blue light. Probably worth a try!

Today I tried a appicate original tiger balm above the eyes and on forehead - this help a lot! Relief after 5 minutes... little bit crying from iger balm but this helps! But it's not the perfect solution...

I work on Dell with FullHD LED display... never gave me trouble.