• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

For those with Improvement after the COVID vaccine, have any other vaccines helped?

Shanti1

Administrator
I have had partial but significant remissions after each mRNA COVID vaccine. I received the updated booster 5 weeks ago and had all-around improvement, including in my neuropathy and orthostatic intolerance. The improvement is starting to ware off now, but I am still better than prior to the booster.

I know we mostly hear about worsening after the vaccine, but there have been some on this site and on Health Rising's vaccine poll who, like me, had improvements.

The improvement from the mRNA vaccines has been so marked that I wondered if anyone has noticed this phenomenon with other vaccines?

Has anyone noticed improvement in ME/CFS after any other types of vaccines?

I was looking at the Russian Staphylococcus vaccine, but I'm not sure it is still available for purchase anywhere.
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/staph-vaccine-to-treat-cfs.3788/page-35#post-875608

@Diwi9 @2Cor.12:19

hapl808

I wish there were more (unbiased) research on this. Most research seems to focus on, "This is why you should all get vaccinated no matter what."

I'm not surprised some get benefits, as I've had colds in the past where I felt kinda crappy but some of my ME/CFS symptoms receded. Unfortunately none of them lasted beyond that. I've also had colds or flus where it crashed me down a level and I never recovered. No idea what determines which, though.

2Cor.12:19

I have had partial but significant remissions after each mRNA COVID vaccine. I received the updated booster 5 weeks ago and had all-around improvement, including in my neuropathy and orthostatic intolerance. The improvement is starting to ware off now, but I am still better than prior to the booster.

I know we mostly hear about worsening after the vaccine, but there have been some on this site and on Health Rising's vaccine poll who, like me, had improvements.

The improvement from the mRNA vaccines has been so marked that I wondered if anyone has noticed this phenomenon with other vaccines?

Has anyone noticed improvement in ME/CFS after any other types of vaccines?

I was looking at the Russian Staphylococcus vaccine, but I'm not sure it is still available for purchase anywhere.
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/staph-vaccine-to-treat-cfs.3788/page-35#post-875608

@Diwi9 @2Cor.12:19
@Shanti1
That’s great to hear! I read an article this morning that Moderna is doing trials on an Epstein Barr Virus vaccine and it’s an nRNA. Very interesting! I don’t know if it would have any effect on people like me whose ME/CFS was triggered by an EBV infection. But since I felt better for awhile after the Covid vaccine, who knows? It’d be great if it helped.

Shanti1

Administrator
That’s great to hear! I read an article this morning that Moderna is doing trials on an Epstein Barr Virus vaccine and it’s an nRNA. Very interesting! I don’t know if it would have any effect on people like me whose ME/CFS was triggered by an EBV infection. But since I felt better for awhile after the Covid vaccine, who knows? It’d be great if it helped.
EBV is also my trigger. I just checked on clinicaltrials.gov and one of the study locations for the mRNA EBV vaccine is about 20mins from me, but I don't fall into the age bracket for their study. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to be one of the first anyway, but I will be watching that one for sure.