• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

For those who are XMRV positive: was illness onset sudden or gradual?

For those who are XMRV positive, was illness onset sudden, gradual, or since birth?

• I'm XMRV positive, with sudden onset of illness

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • I'm XMRV positive, with gradual onset of illness

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I'm XMRV positive, with illness since birth

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

subtr4ct

For those who are XMRV positive: was illness onset sudden, gradual, or since birth?

If you are XMRV positive by any testing method, please indicate whether your illness came on suddenly or gradually. Thanks!

ukxmrv

Acute viral onset (sore throat, glands, etc, very high temp, tonsils pus, unconscious/delirious)
Well beforehand

SunnyGal

It's a little tricky for me to answer. I definitely did not have acute onset, but I've had suspiscious health issues since I was at least 2.5 years, possibly since birth. But, didn't start to be seriously affected by symptoms until my first pregnancy. So, I put gradual onset (although once I was pregnant it wasn't so gradual), even though I may have been infected with XMRV since birth.