• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

For the XMRV +; What are you upto?

taniaaust1

Hey all, thanks for all the replies :)
Hmm yeah it is weird eh, being positive for a disease noone knows about. Also these little things are so complicated; if someone asks me to taste her/his drink or food i dont know what to do or to say, beceause I dont know if i could infect the person. I guess I will just fake a cold. Or when i meet a cute boy ... I guess kissing is of limits too... :(

But Isn't it just contaigious when inserted in your bloodstream? Therefor, saliva should be no problem, right? Like HIV: saliva is ok but blood is contaigious.

No one knows.. one of the studies thou found it in the respiratory system.

No one knows.. one of the studies thou found it in the respiratory system.

So.... there 'could' potentialy be a point during the initial phase of triggering XMRV, hence the outbreaks that affected so many people, and hence the children that were so immediately affected. There is also evidence in Europe where XMRV was found in the lungs of people. Sorry, I don't have that link for you. There is also something I heard from either Klimas or ack, sorry again; but XMRV is considered a 'simple' gammaretrovirus. When people see the word 'simple', they think "O, then it's not as bad as HIV" etc... but what they do not unerstand is that since XMRV is considered simple, it's more stable, and could persist in salvia, when HIV and the HTLV's cannot. Bottom line, we don't know yet, but imho it's very possible that during a certain phase XMRV could be infectious via saliva.

I hope someone remembers anymore of this that I can't? I will try and dig through my blog and get the links for you.

oops, sorry I meant to quote Tia's quote embedded with tani's post. =p

urbantravels

disjecta membra
It's true that couples where both are HIV+ still have to be careful with one another, because of the high rate of mutation/multiple strains of HIV...but don't panic yet.

XMRV is MUCH less variable than HIV, so there's room for hope that we won't really have that issue to contend with.

*GG*

So.... there 'could' potentialy be a point during the initial phase of triggering XMRV, hence the outbreaks that affected so many people, and hence the children that were so immediately affected. There is also evidence in Europe where XMRV was found in the lungs of people. Sorry, I don't have that link for you. There is also something I heard from either Klimas or ack, sorry again; but XMRV is considered a 'simple' gammaretrovirus. When people see the word 'simple', they think "O, then it's not as bad as HIV" etc... but what they do not unerstand is that since XMRV is considered simple, it's more stable, and could persist in salvia, when HIV and the HTLV's cannot. Bottom line, we don't know yet, but imho it's very possible that during a certain phase XMRV could be infectious via saliva.

I hope someone remembers anymore of this that I can't? I will try and dig through my blog and get the links for you.

oops, sorry I meant to quote Tia's quote embedded with tani's post. =p

Yeah, I think it's all relative I mean Viruses are much smaller than Bacteria, I think 10 to 100 times. Bacteria are considered simple, but look at Salmonella, MRSA, en E. Coli, theses things kill people!

Bacteria have been on the planet for Billions of years! Our bodies are complex, so mix that up with bacteria and viruses, and things get even more complicated!