• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Foamy urine

Rockt

Yeah, not the most pleasant topic, but... I have foamy urine. Been like that for several months now.

Naturopath/MD did a "dipstick" and said that proteins might be getting through the kidneys. Sent me for blood and urine tests, but they're now on holidays for a couple weeks, so I thought I'd ask out here if anyone has experieinced "foamy urine" and if they found out the cause. Does it mean my kidneys are screwed or is this a common CFS symptom?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Athene

ihateticks.me
It can be proteins, or it can be an infection, either in the glomeruli in the kidneys, or lower down in the urinary tract.
These can be the same thing, as infection can cause the kideny to let protein through without breaking it down properly.
This isn't a common CFS symptom.
Kidney problems can turn serious so I would make a big fuss about getting it diagnosed and treated, if you have the energy to do so.

cfs since 1998

Yeah, not the most pleasant topic, but... I have foamy urine. Been like that for several months now.

Naturopath/MD did a "dipstick" and said that proteins might be getting through the kidneys. Sent me for blood and urine tests, but they're now on holidays for a couple weeks, so I thought I'd ask out here if anyone has experieinced "foamy urine" and if they found out the cause. Does it mean my kidneys are screwed or is this a common CFS symptom?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

I've had it my entire life. I thought it was normal until recently. I supposed I should get some tests as well. :(

Rockt

Well, I think so. I pee and it's foamy in there. It's not soap or cleaner or anything, I've made sure of that. And it happens regardless of which toilet I use.