• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Flu vaccine and flare

HRManager

"Deal with it"
After not getting one for many years, I gave in and got one this year due to the worry about flu and COVID.

Never never never again.

I am now in the worst flare I have ever had. Walking more than 20 feet has my heart rate up to 130+. Dizziness is horrific.

I am now scared about getting the COVID vaccine when it comes out. I know I need to but this is misery.

Has anyone found anything to help knock their body out of a vaccine induced flare? I am going to call my dr (rheumatologist for FM.. knows little about ME) and ask for a script of prednisolone. The last time I remember not being in constant pain was when I took that for a sun induced rash.

Booble

Hi HR, I don't have any answers as I've never taken a flu shot but wanted to send you some well wishes. It's awful feeling like that. Are things settling down now?

HRManager

"Deal with it"
Hi HR, I don't have any answers as I've never taken a flu shot but wanted to send you some well wishes. It's awful feeling like that. Are things settling down now?

Thank you for the reply.. My Dr did call in 3 days of prednisone for me (since it was 10 mg, I actually split and took for 6 to avoid side effects). It seems to have helped a little bit.

Luckily had vacation time this week so have been able to sleep the week away..

Booble

Thank you for the reply.. My Dr did call in 3 days of prednisone for me (since it was 10 mg, I actually split and took for 6 to avoid side effects). It seems to have helped a little bit.

Luckily had vacation time this week so have been able to sleep the week away..

Oh, good. That sounds like getting on the right track. And if you work in HR, I'm sure you could use the rest!

pattismith

@HRManager are you better now?

I got the flu vaccine the 13 of October.

I stopped corticosteroids on 11 october in order to have the vaccine shot.
I am the one that catch everything, my CD8 are low, my NK CD57+ are very low, and I took the decision in order to protect my husband who has leukemia and a low lymphocyte count....

Now I have my finger wrinkling test again score zero at 20 mn (it was high under 5 min before the shot), so I guess something is going wrong....