• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Flu & ME/CFS

How long does it take you to recover from the flu when you have ME/CFS? I've been sick for almost 14 years and it actually started with mono & the flu, but I haven't had it since! This year, everyone got really sick with the flu and I did too. The worst seems to be over in terms of congestion and coughing, but I am so fatigued (much more than normal). I know it can take about 2 weeks for a "normal" person to feel normal after the flu... but what about with us with ME/CFS? Kind of scared.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Hi @Texas83 - the last time I had the flu was 19 years ago - I'd had ME/CFS for about 2 years then. Ever since I just get chronic almost constant low-grade sinus infections. I barely look ill to anyone else but they can wipe me out. My immune system is subpar. Anyways, I have found andrographis to be extremely helpful for my immune system, so you might give it a try. I get sick less often while taking it and recover more quickly. I also take 1000 mg vitamin C with each meal and before bed.

Also make sure your vitamin D levels are where they should be.

prioris

You can Iikely avoid any flu or colds with beta glucan. Even a weak beta glucan like epicor works.

Try taking Swanson Beta Right beta glucan (the best out there) on empty stomach in morning ideally.