• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

First Public Presentation by WPI Researchers

KC22

I would love to see this. Hopefully, they can get a webcast..

Does anyone live nearby that could attend???

The last week of October is going to be a very informative week for us!!!:)

hvs

To rwolf@pacific.edu

"Dear organizers, Lombardi and Mikovits presentation,

I write to ask that you please consider webcasting the Oct. 26th presentation. These researchers' work is fascinating from a medical science point of view, but from the perspective of those of us suffering from the disease it is even more vital.

It is an honor for the University of the Pacific to host the first appearance of Mikovits and Lombardi since the publication of their groundbreaking paper. It would make good sense for the university to draw attention to that honor via a live webcast.

Thank you,

NAME."

dannybex

Simple solution...

They want to do a video cast at least and are trying to scrounge the money to do that. A webcast - that would be nice!

While a webcast or Skype would be nice, someone who works there must have a video camera, or access to one, so they can tape it, and put it on youtube.

That wouldn't cost a dime and could be watched by millions more around the world...

???

mezombie

University of the Pacific WPI presentation--anyone attending?

Great idea, Dannybex!

I think there's a limit on the length of videos posted on YouTube, but that isn't insurmountable. One can split the video into smaller ones and post them sequentially. I've watched other videos that were posted in this manner on YouTube.

Is anyone here able to attend and perhaps videotape this presentation?

dannybex

Great idea, Dannybex!

I think there's a limit on the length of videos posted on YouTube, but that isn't insurmountable. One can split the video into smaller ones and post them sequentially. I've watched other videos that were posted in this manner on YouTube.

Is anyone here able to attend and perhaps videotape this presentation?

Thanks Marie. I would guess that the taping of it has already been set up, or will definitely be set up by multiple news outlets, etc. They know the world is watching and waiting to hear the latest on this.

And yes, the videos are often broken up into 10 minute segments on youtube, but I've seen ones that are an hour or longer lately. They just take for-EVER to load, at least if you don't have cable modems...

Our local support group meeting is the next day, so of course I'm hoping that it will be posted on Youtube overnight! :)

email reply from pacific.edu

Hi,

Did anyone else get a reply from Rachel at pacific.edu? It seems I got an invitation? It is too long a trip for me from Atlanta but it would be nice if one of us could go. Before I write a thank you I thought I would ask everyone what I should say?

srmny

Thank you for your suggestion. I have passed it on to the organizers.
Will you be able to attend the presentation on Monday?
Thanks,
Rachel

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2009 2:17 PM
To: Rachel Wolf
Subject: Lombardi/Mikovits

To: Those organizing the Lombardi and Mikovits presentation

Hi,

I am writing to request that you please do a live webcast of the 10/26
Lombardi/Mikovits XMRV presentation. Word has gotten out in the CFS
community about their presentation at your University and we are all
anxious
for more information. It would also rapidly draw attention to, and
spread
the word about, this exciting new research.

If you can not accommodate us, please do tell Dr. Lombardi and Dr.
Mikovits
how grateful the CFS community is to them.

Thank you,

InvertedTree

I plan on attending and have RSVP'd.

I'm trying to get ahold of a video camera so I can record it.

I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be physically able to attend. Luckily I have a ride down there (it's about 90 minutes from where I live) or I wouldn't be able to go.

Pacific.edu

Hi Terri and Levi,

That's great that you guys can go! I hope you will be able to record the presentation. It was really nice that Rachel invited us - I will be sending my regrets this afternoon.

srmny

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Glad we have some people going! I was just informed that - although it wasn't easy - Staci Stevens was able to get the video crew at the University to record the event so will have both Dr. Lombardi'sand Dr. Peterson's presentations to look forward to. :D

Summer

Glad we have some people going! I was just informed that - although it wasn't easy - Staci Stevens was able to get the video crew at the University to record the event so will have both Dr. Lombardi'sand Dr. Peterson's presentations to look forward to. :D

Cort, that's great news about the video!!! :D

dannybex

Last minute...

...but I emailed them and asked if they could post the video on Youtube.

That way people without cable modems who won't be able to watch it live, can watch parts of it at a later date.

d.

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
...but I emailed them and asked if they could post the video on Youtube.
That way people without cable modems who won't be able to watch it live, can watch parts of it at a later date.
d.

Will anyone be watching it live? It is being videoed but nothing said about it being webcast. Presumably they will put it online later on.