• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Fiona sells shoes on eBay for charity" (Dorset ME support group)

leelaplay

Tom Kindlon's submission to CO-CURE was posted Jan 01 10

"Fiona sells shoes on eBay for charity" (Dorset ME support group)
By James Tourgout

FUNDRAISER Fiona Murphy is kick-starting her campaign to raise money for ME sufferers by holding a shoe auction.

She is selling off a collection of shoes on the eBay website in aid of the Dorset ME Support Group.

Fiona, aged 41, from Weymouth, is auctioning off her old shoes as she also has spinal stenosis a narrowing of parts of the spine and cannot wear high heels.

Fiona said: I cannot walk long distances and go shopping. I love shoes like most girls and buy a lot on eBay. I wanted to help the Dorset ME support group as they have helped me a lot. So I came up with the idea of a shoe auction and asked celebrities and local businesses for a donation.

Mark & Spencer in Weymouth have donated a new pair.

South Dorset MP Jim Knight is donating a pair and I have a signed photos of Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby from ITV1s This Morning programme.

Sufferers of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) debilitating symptoms such as as severe and disabling fatigue after any activity.
Other symptoms can include muscle pain, joint pain, disturbed sleep, headaches and poor memory.

Fiona aims to auction about 15 pairs of shoes and hasnt set a figure on how much she hopes to raise.

She said: I am trying to raise as much money as I can as this is one of the only ways I can fund raise.

Anyone who wants to contact Fiona should e-mail fifimurphy@hotmail.co.uk.

The auction site can be found at www.ebay.co.uk by entering Fionas code fifimurp89 in the search section