• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Finger swelling in right hand (Autoimmune flare?)

yes that would be fine

nattokinase is for more milder clots but you can take much higher doses
i had severe peripheral artery disease 15 years ago and cure it with very high dose nattokinase and serrapeptase 3 times day ... took 3 weeks and i was fine

lumbrokinase is 80 times more stronger than nattokinase mg to mg ... lumbrokinase is for more severe stuff
it is powerful against clots ... it's all enzyme in a capsule ... at some point, i expect someone to commercially create it thru non worm source

Thanks! I'll make a decision soon when I have the MRI results.

@PatJ It might seem weird but I'm eager to give it a try, thanks! It will do no harm for sure.

Hi again!

I'm happy to report that my right hand has come back to full functionality and no edema after 4 days of strict keto autoinmune Paleo diet. It was becoming worse for a few days that I ate more inflammatory foods, and for how the progression was, I totally relate the success to it.

The fingers are still a little reddish compared to the other hand, and the skin of those fingers looks like they were from the hands of a ninety year-old lady. But I'm super happy that I regained the hand and all the pain is also gone.

My energy seems to be better too. During the worst days of inflammation I could barely do some stuff around the house and lie down in bed for the whole afternoon. Now I feel pretty better, even while being on PMS.

Gingergrrl

@poetessinmotion That is great news that your hand is so much better! I didn't get to go back and re-read the thread but have they ruled out definitively that you do not have RA?

No, I haven't. It's good that I had an MRI of the hand done in one of the worst moments (now waiting for the result) and I have the appointment with the rheumatologist / immunologist in March. I'll let you know when I have more news in this thread.

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
@wigglethemouse I'll let you know for sure. I work as a writer and translator, so having my right hand like this is not something that I plan to leave unanswered. I have an MRI of the hand tomorrow and I'll see a top immunologist in less than 20 days, so I hope he can throw some light on the subject.

@prioris I live in Spain and lumbrokinase is by no means easy to get from here, even online. The fact that this is produced from worms doesn't feel delicious to me at all but hey, desperation can be quite suggestive. But I could get nattokinase and serrapeptase, does it make the same effect?

I'm starting strict keto AIP again and all the autoinmune protocol. Cross my fingers that it will reduce inflammation. Ibuprofen is like water to me, doesn't help a bit.

Poetess do you have a blog entry where you have your history, supplements, treatments, etc? I have SEIDS and systemic lupus erythematosis. I have had the same problem and my rheumatologist had no idea what was going on. I found that it was related to the severity of Raynaud's disease. I believe it is autoimmune due to untreated viral infections especially herpes virus coinfections (EBV, etc). Ibuprofen did not help.

Attachments

• 2014-03.04 (2014_03_15 21_02_20 UTC).JPG
    2014-03.04 (2014_03_15 21_02_20 UTC).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
@gbells My fingers look puffy sometimes too but they never get white like typical Raynaud. At night the are more red and swelled, sometimes with a blueish-slightly violet-reddish colour. Tonight they are functional but puffy. My nutritionist told me I could still suffer another flare as a part of the process.

I don't have a blog. I'm really struggling to survive both financially and professionally and that's where the whole of my energy goes to.

I will try to upload a few pictures soon so you can see how my hand was.