• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Finding some purpose in writing prisoners while in bed!

Derek Conklin

Hi, I'm finding some new purpose and joy in serving others by writing to some prisoners in different parts of the US. I'm sharing how that everyone is in some sort of a prison, or has been in one before, and am finding out how much inner healing there is in getting off the pity pot, and reaching out to other lonely hurting souls that are longing for just a little Love!

Most of the inmates that I'm writing to are lifers, or are on death row and have no hope. This is a very easy way to share my faith and my friendship, since I lost all of mine. I'm also sharing photo's threw Walgreens that I can do with my lap top. Most of the time I'm to weak to even sit up, as my body and head is very heavy to hold up, so I have a swinging 2x4 mounted just above my bed, with a shoe string attached that I hang my lap top just over my head. This really works well.

Of course, I'm being very prayerful, and careful in whom I write to, and will not allow myself to be taken advantaged of, but so far, it's been a great joy to see the grateful and touched heart that some one cares enough to write them, as there are so very many who have been deserted by their families, and have never been written to before. In my writing, my heart is tearful in remembering the scripture that say's, I was in prison and you visited me!

I'm also sharing a study that I put together called Elevating and Understanding the Value of your Worth! It's all about how our mistakes that we make in life, does not change our Value or our Worth! This study has really changed my life as of a couple months ago! In life, there are some many things that devalue us, including our selves. But I believe that every person is worth 10,000 worlds! Maybe I'll share a post on this if anyone seems interested. Anyway, if your interested in writing a prisoner, I will share here with you the link that is free, and you can do it from your computer, and go threw all their profiles males or females, Christians, none Christians, ect. If you are really depressed and bored, and tired of your pity pot, reach out and do this, and you wont be sorry that you did!

https://writeaprisoner.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Derek Conklin

that is really inspiring...its a great example of something small kindness can be life transforming.

And we have this ability, its amazing, isn't it?
Yes, for so many years I've been so consumed in the grief of my loses and sickness, that it was so hard to be happy to see and help some one else in need. This opportunity is almost more of a blessing to me than to the receiving end. Rufous, I'd also like to thank you for all the 10,000 people plus that have helped and blessed so many people here! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!:):thumbsup::)