• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fiber is Bad For ME/CFS Patients! (?)

What kinds of foods cause you problems?

• I cannot eat dairy without having problems

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Eating fresh fruits and vegetables is not good

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Too many cooked vegetables will cause me problems

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Eating alot of grains is not good for me.

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Meat in general is a bad idea

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I have a cast iron stomach, I can eat anything I want - too bad for the rest of you!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJB

GAPS has been discussed here. Dr. Natash Campbell-McBride has a program for gut healing. Healing. It starts with meat broths and meat, cooked non-starchy vegetables, fermented veggie juice, whey from dripped yogurt - trying to remember what else. Stage two adds egg yolks.

As the gut heals, she introduces more and more foods. Eventually, the only things recommended against are the processed and sugary stuff we all know isn't good for us.

She says dietary fiber can cause inflammation in an already unhealthy gut, particularly in individuals prone to diarrhea.

I've been on the e-mail list for awhile and some of the stories of healing are very encouraging. She does say the ME/CFS is very complicated to heal and it can take some time.

GhostGum

On the subject of dairy I was reading this article last night from 1938 on raw vs pasteurized milk (which reads like it could have been written yesterday) and thought I would throw it in here,

http://editor.nourishedmagazine.com.au/articles/raw-milk-vs-pasteurized-milk

What I find so frustrating is a total inability to access raw milk even if it is tested, cleared and certified basically because of corporate/government control. One person from Australia mentions in the comment section she had the authorities come into her chemist shop, where she sells raw milk for 'bathing' and they are forcing all customers to leave their names, addresses and sign something saying they only use it for 'cosmetic purposes only'.

Agree though on paleo/keto style diet for the win, but old habits die hard hey, might have to buy some shares in some organic cows which is one way to get your own raw milk; the raw milk for 'cosmetic/bathing' does not seem that readily available.