• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Feeling fine once in a while + headache

Andryr

I feel fine once a 4 months on an average. By feeling fine I mean feeling healthy and having energy the way it had been before I got sick. It never lasts longer than 4-5 hours. My idea the universe gives that to me to remind me I am not crazy. Last year all occurrences were accompanied by a mild headache.
I wonder if anybody experienced something like that and, if yes, what does it mean.
I haven't been diagnosed officially, have CFS-like symptoms that fit the ICC criteria fluctuating from mild to moderate.

I had that only once. I was on a chelation protocol for heavy metal toxicity, taking oral DMSA (this may or may not be related). One evening I had a pretty bad headache, took a couple excedrins, which didn't help much, then managed to fall asleap. I woke up with headache gone, full of energy, no brain fog at all. This lasted 2 or 3 days, then the brain fog gradually settled back in. I continued on the same chelation medication for at least another 6 months, but this never happened again.

lenora

Well, that sounds like a success story, Vlad.

Just last week I saw my new neurologist for the first time. One of my complaints was a migraine (or sinusitis or ???) for the past 1-2 yrs. It starts in the back of my head, hits my forehead and then ends up in my l. eye at some point each day. The doctor wasn't going to do anything because something like 95% of all headaches have no known cause. That's a high count, isn't it?

I then asked for an MRI to rule anything out (carotid problems e.g.). I have a shunt on my r. side, but not my l. That was the only reason I wanted it, although I had two neurological surgeries many years ago. Apart from the carotid, I won't be having anymore. I simply don't want my family to have to deal with a stroke victim if it can be prevented.

Allergies, yes....I feel that I live with them. If you move from one state to another, you may be free of them for up to 2 yrs., but they'll always return. As I'm getting older now, I have them almost year round. I'll have to live with them, but the neurologist readily agreed to give me the MRI I requested. I won't bother her for another.

I wish you well. Yours, Lenora