• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Feel extreme head pressure/exploding head/PMS

leaves

So this symptom is definitely hormone related for me, but maybe guys have it too? I am doing quite well lately only I have this scary and weird new symptom that my head is under extreme pressure, like it is going to explode. really scary. It does not last the whole day, just a short while, sometimes less than a minute. I also had 2 times "exploding head syndrome" (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome) and I heard a very brief (2 sec) very loud sound.
Any suggestions/ experiences welcome here! It is totally freaking me out :)

kat0465

Leaves, don't have a clue whAt it is. But I get it from time to time. Its been so severe I was prepared to wake up In the hospital, or not at all!!
The pressure is so Intense,im afraid my head will cave in. And like you it dosent last but a few minutes. Although I've had it 3or4times in one day.

Kat

leaves

Hey Kat,

So sorry you have it too. Yes it really is a terrible feeling. like your brain is bursting out of your head or something, or something terrible is about to happen. I wish I knew what it was.. are your hormones a factor?