• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

fats

sunshine44

Que sera sera
fats help my brain and adrenals alot.

struggle is, limited amount of foods i can do.

any ideas on fats i can introduce? i can do olive oil, small amounts of avocado egg yolks but i feel i need more fats in me. starving all the time with low fat.

Zebra

Can you eat nuts?

Some nuts, or nut butters, are fatty and satisfying.

Also, for many years I added 100% coconut milk (the kind that comes on cans) to my morning fruit & veggie smoothies, to make them more substantial.

That's all I can think of at the moment!

junkcrap50

Not very appetizing but pure MCT oil. Can add it to coffee or protein shakes.

Bacon maybe. If you need ideas try looking up Keto options or recipes.

LINE

Saturated fats helped my adrenals a great deal, I could not get enough of them during high stress. They are high in cholesterol which are the precursors for steroid hormones. Stress evokes adrenals, adrenals need to function.

Cholesterol and hormones
Cholesterol is the precursor of the five major classes of steroid hormones: progestagens, glucocorticoids, mineralocorticoids, androgens, and estrogens (Figure 26.24). These hormones are powerful signal molecules that regulate a host of organismal functions.

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
Recently I ate a couple of times cheese pure, or sometimes with some chocolate or pistaches.

I found that it feels better to eat cheese without most of the other stuff. I especially avoid cheese together with meat, also together with bread.

To much saturated fats are considered to be bad, and I have felt effects for decades (probably an exaggerated sensitivity) in my left chest side. Surprisingly with cheese alone nothing comes up.

Have you tried grass-fed beef tallow?
It's the only fat I can tolerate well. Tastes good if you eat it with meat or together with a couple potatoes.