• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fatigue super conference April 21

ljimbo423

Thanks for posting this!

Hi this is a free conference that is going to be running in April .

https://www.fatiguesuperconference.com/

19th to 25th April 2021

This looks like there will be a lot of good info. coming from it. Here are just a few the the doctors that will be speaking.....

Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum, Dr. Sarah Myhill, Dr. Terry Wahls, Dr. Michael Ruscio, and Dr. Neil Nathan.

rel8ted

Hi this is a free conference that is going to be running in April .

https://www.fatiguesuperconference.com/
Optimum Health Clinic has looks like it’s some sort of psychology/ functional medicine approach & has a 90 program with a bunch of recovery testimonies. They are one of the sponsors 🙄. We need solutions, not green smoothies!

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Optimum Health Clinic has looks like it’s some sort of psychology/ functional medicine approach & has a 90 program with a bunch of recovery testimonies. They are one of the sponsors 🙄. We need solutions, not green smoothies!
Agreed, the power of positive thinking, a bunch of vitamins, probably "proprietary" vitamin and herb blends, exercise, yoga, maybe some "energy" therapy and so forth.
And lots of testimonials.

It seems focused on that "integrative medicine" type stuff, yes: gut, methylation, toxins, emotional stress etc.

I dismiss most of that now, even though I think there is probably some good stuff in there, it's too hit and miss and too hard to sift the good from the useless. Further, there's almost certainly no cure in there. It's also expensive and time consuming, eg I was told to stay on a certain protocol for 6 months before seeing improvement. It's also clear for example that B12/methylation is not the be all and end all cure that it was made out to be on this forum and elsewhere 5-10 years ago.

5vforest

I don’t know a ton about all of those doctors, but I bought myhill’s book, have read the extensive content on her website, and have followed her dietary advice (briefly).

I think she has some interesting things to offer, but I take issue with many of her broad claims.

as I said, I think her participation in a program such as this says a lot — namely, that she is very interested in promoting her theories and books, supplements and whatnot.

ljimbo423

as I said, I think her participation in a program such as this says a lot — namely, that she is very interested in promoting her theories and books, supplements and whatnot.

Why wouldn't she want to promote her experience and ideas about helping people with ME/CFS? She has dedicated many years of her life doing it.

As you say here-

I don’t know a ton about all of those doctors

If you don't know much about the doctors in this conference. Why are you assuming they can't be helpful or have knowledge about treating ME/CFS?

The recording for this conference are still for free if you watch it today. I was amazed to find out about Dr. Wahls (new to me) and am also interested in what Dr. V Mead had to say about Cell Danger Response. But I've had it for today with input of information...
Did anyone watch that particular one and has spoons to share? Thanks!

Rufous McKinney

But I've had it for today with input of information...
Did anyone watch that particular one and has spoons to share? Thanks!

I'd send hugs to anyone who can: summarize any of this....input overload sets in quickly.

My spoons are dibbed already.