• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

fasting and joint pain

Hi,
just wanted to know your opinion on that
after a year of trial and errors, i figure out that fasting a few days for me increase the buring sensation i got in some of my joints ( mostly knees, at rest sometimes the burning sensation is too high to even walk)
But when i eat well, and a lot of carbs in the form of whole grains, the pain can disapear to the point of being not noticeable ( able to do even do squats and splits)

in y head it doesn't make any sense as avoiding sugar, and fasting, is supposed to reduce inflammation
do you have any interpretation on that ?

i ve been on keto diet a lot in my life, it's not the same tbh

my joints are always painfull since all my symptoms begin (burning like hell sometmes), but when fasting it's worse than ever

starting to suspect it's juste some lyme infection misdiagnosed tbh..

vision blue

My knees burn and I find there's this trigger point that takes it away - would be curious to know if it works or not for you.

hard to describe - on side of leg/bottm thigh- the outside side of leg. So position wise, let's say you were standing up , arms by your side. The spot on ourter leg side is about the level of top of palm close to wrist. But i guess given everyones hieghts amre lenthgs proprotions etc are different, may be different for you. What you can do is to just gently poke on the leg ascending and you'd know it when you find it- or at least mine, theres a super tender spot along there. If i then push on it (don't go nuts here...pressure, but not creazy - expt with how much), it takes the burning away on that side. how long it lasts is variable.

Booble

Fasting is a no no for me.
I'd do better with the reverse -- a permanently attached IV drip if there was such a thing! I need to eat throughout the day or I get very weak and faint-ish.

My knees burn and I find there's this trigger point that takes it away - would be curious to know if it works or not for you.

hard to describe - on side of leg/bottm thigh- the outside side of leg. So position wise, let's say you were standing up , arms by your side. The spot on ourter leg side is about the level of top of palm close to wrist. But i guess given everyones hieghts amre lenthgs proprotions etc are different, may be different for you. What you can do is to just gently poke on the leg ascending and you'd know it when you find it- or at least mine, theres a super tender spot along there. If i then push on it (don't go nuts here...pressure, but not creazy - expt with how much), it takes the burning away on that side. how long it lasts is variable.

that's intresting, will definitely try
for now maintaining the same diet rich in complete cereals plus
omega 3, 20g collagen and vitamin c supplements keep it away

anne_likes_red

I do well with fasting/modified fasting, but maybe check out oxalates in case you think thats something worth looking into further.
Oxalate crystals can be stored in joints then when dietary intake reduces they mobilise...causing some people pain.