• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Famvir for HHV-6?

Hi everyone!
I did a pretty thorough forum and Google search and am struggling to find any documentation that famvir works against HHV6, I see plenty of documentation that Valcyte is better for HHV-6, but my doc won't prescribe that. They rx'd famvir reactivated HHv-6 . Has anyone had success with famvir + reactivated HHV-6? Or can you link me to any research about the activity of famvir on HHV-6? Thank you!

Last edited:

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Hi everyone!
I did a pretty thorough forum and Google search and am struggling to find any documentation that famvir works against HHV6, I see plenty of documentation that Valcyte is better for HHV-6, but my doc won't prescribe that. They rx'd famvir reactivated HHv-6 . Has anyone had success with famvir + reactivated HHV-6? Or can you link me to any research about the activity of famvir on HHV-6? Thank you!

I've only heard others say famvir lowered their hhv6 titres. There was an American dr who was more prominent 10 or 15 years ago who used famvir for hhv6, I can't recall his name. It was said he was in contact with the makers of famvir who said it was active against more herpes viruses than its indicated for but it was quicker they just used indications to get it to market for hsv2 and shingles. If drs wanted to use it for other viruses, they could always do it off label. The rumour was they didn't think there was much of a market to treat other herpes viruses.

This is roughly what I heard from a patient that saw the above Dr, who's name escapes me 🤔.

I think because it's now on the market, there's less interest in doing further research on it, unfortunately. Comes down to being your own lab rat. The one big positive is famvir is much safer long term than valcyte, plus alot cheaper.

Back