• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Famvir for 5 days now instant relief!

G'day all,

I have had CFS for 6 months and just recently have started Famvir. Taking 500mg tablet a day one half in morning the other half at night. I had very noticeable results after the first night. I had my best day at work in the 6 months and was able to continue on feeling better into the afternoon.

I had a really bad case of mono about 8 years ago and have had it reactivate about 6 times since but only minor fatigue. I had a reactivation 6 months ago with fatigue for 1 month, this went away I got back into my sport etc. After 10 days of feeling good something snapped in my body over night. Have had achy muscles, really bad fatigue, bad brain fog and insomnia ever since.

My liver is also playing up. I'm not sure if this is the cause of my CFS or is a due to CFS. Turning yellow of hands and feet, black rings under eyes and bad B.O. Tests have shown a fast phase1 of filtration and sluggish phase 2 so I get a big build up of toxins.

Doc and I think EBV may have compromised my liver?? my lymphocytes test show ebv activation and show that I'm fighting something due to raised B cell levels. natural killer cells are pretty low.

Has anyone heard of Famvir working this quickly? since taking it and remember it has only been 5 days and noticed huge improvement after day 1. I have had less fatigue, less brain fog, less heavy lead limb feeling. Would say I have gone from 50 - 60 percent of pre cfs to about 75 - 80 percent.

Any information would be helpful. I think I might be onto something.

Cheers

hvs

Has anyone heard of Famvir working this quickly? since taking it and remember it has only been 5 days and noticed huge improvement after day 1.

While that's really fast, I saw improvements after about 10 days on a powerful antivral and my spouse got significant relief after maybe a few weeks to a couple of months.

Just speculation, but the rapidity of your improvement could be explained by the relative brevity of this round of EBV infection.

By the way, I was experiencing raised liver enzymes, too, when I was most ill. In my case, however, the raised levels preceded my sudden onset by about six months. Odd, huh?

I should mention that since starting my extremely potent antiviral and its assisting drug, probenecid (which has the potential to raise liver enzymes), my liver enzymes have actually returned to normal.

Congratulations on your improvements.

Oh, and remember: CFS cannot be treated! ;)

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
hi

i was advised by my doc that it was ok to use probenicide with famvir. Reason was to increase blood levels of famvir. Increasing dose of famvir was to expensive. This technique is also used in some antibiotic treatment, so with medical advice i cant see it being a problem.

G'day all,

my lymphocytes test show ebv activation and show that I'm fighting something due to raised B cell levels.

Cheers

Hi da foles,

Does your G'day and Cheers mean that you're also in Australia?

If so, what is the lymphocytes test?

I've been dying to get tested to see if/how much EBV activity I have, but have been told that you can't test for that (in Australia?), you can only test for 1) the presence of antibodies; and 2) acute EBV infection; which I believe only happens for a couple of weeks during initial infection.

I can't remember the names, or find the test results right now, but it's that basic IgG(?) and IgM(?) stuff.

Mike.

Yup Aussie

Hey mate,

Yeah I'm an Aussie through and through. I'm in Brisbane. you are right about Australia not being able to test you for your current level of ebv infection. However you can see if u currently have an infection with ebv. So get a lymphocytes test done, this will tell you if u have a current infection of ebv also it will show you your b cell levels if these are high, like mine were this means that your immune system is fighting some sort of infection. EBV glorifies b cells they go up pretty high from what I have read in oslers web. Something else that was interesting in this book was that everyone in the Tahoe malady had very low b cells this is the opposite to ebv infection. Mine were high above the range. think the range is something like 0.06 - 0.60 my b cells were at 0.80.

So I have pretty much gone on a hunch that glandular fever has taken got a hold of my body. This is also due to my history with ebv reactivation before CFS.

Where abouts are you located?